Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EGDR
Contributor II
Contributor II

Create Filter by using Calculated Dimension on N-Printing

Hi Friends,

Help me on this Query

I am trying to create country filter in Qlik N-Printing, by using Calculated dimension from the Qlik Sense

Pls find expression on Qlik Sense, creating filter By using the same Expression on N-Printing, Tried "Advanced search", "Numeric value", But not working, while click on preview  we are getting Error message.

Example: 

=if([ID]='ABC 42' or [ID]='ACD 43',if([Country]<>'_ABCD' and Country<>'_CDDE',Country),

IF( Region = '_gfghf'
, ' ' & Country & ' TOTAL'
, IF([Country] = '_REGION'
, [Region] & ' TOTAL'
, if(Country = '_ABC'
, 'ABC TOTAL'
, [Country]
)
)
)
)

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Zapparoli
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @EGDR!

Nprinting does not work properly with calculated dimensions.

In your case, move this calculated dimension to your load Script and it should work properly.

-Zapparoli

Check my Youtube Channel for more Qlik Content
https://www.youtube.com/@ZappaAnalytics

EGDR
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Zapparoli , As you mention, I created field in back end and tried used in  filter, but not working 

Zapparoli
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, @EGDR ,

Can you share some Print screens of the Nprinting where you are creating the filter ?

Check my Youtube Channel for more Qlik Content
https://www.youtube.com/@ZappaAnalytics

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @EGDR ,

You say you have created it in load script (when you say back-end) and created it as a field.  Please share:

• Screenshot that field preview in Qlik Sense data model viewer so we can see its datatype and values
  • Screenshot how you are trying to create a filter in NPrinting
  • Let us know if there are any other filters you are using

Also - is your Qlik app supported. Filter issues may be related to fact that you may have always one selected values, or sheet triggers or other unsupported objects which you can find all detailed on https://help.qlik.com.

for example:

Thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
EGDR
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

created the below dimension and load the data which in turns saves it in a QVD format.... now when we are using the QVD, this Dimension should be considered as a fact data.... however N-Printing is still not picking this up

Data Load Editor:

Example: 

=if([ID]='ABC 42' or [ID]='ACD 43',if([Country]<>'_ABCD' and Country<>'_CDDE',Country),

IF( Region = '_gfghf'
, ' ' & Country & ' TOTAL'
, IF([Country] = '_REGION'
, [Region] & ' TOTAL'
, if(Country = '_ABC'
, 'ABC TOTAL'
, [Country]
)
)
)
)

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @EGDR 

This is very basic step - you clearly are doing something very wrong and you are not providing us with all steps to replicate your issue. I mentioned before the minimum we need (screenshots of what you are experiencing) so I guess we will wait until you provide us with what we need to diagnose what you do wrong.

Otherwise I am sorry but we will not be able to help you.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.