Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brahmaiahachari
Contributor
Contributor

Does NPrinting Server support if we install NPrinting designer in cross domain machines?

Hi All,

We are planning to deploy Qlik NPrinting windows environment in Google cloud platform and hosting it in publicly. Would any one help me below my questions?

Does NPrinting Server support if we install NPrinting designer in cross domain machines? or Is there any alternative solution to create NPrinting reports without installing NPrinting designer in developer local machine?  

Thanks & Regards,

Brahms

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Currently NPrinting is not supported for cross domain implementations. The NPrinting server, QS and or QV server and the NPrinting service account must all be in the same domain. Anything outside the out of the box implementation would be an unsupportable customization...but it could work.

Domain trusts, multiple domains, and cross-domain implementations are not supported. For example, where Qlik NPrinting Server is deployed on one domain, the Windows user accounts mapped to Qlik NPrinting users cannot be domain accounts from a different domain that Qlik NPrinting Server is not a member of.

That being said...

If your NP designer is in a different domain, but your NP, QS, QV servers are in a supported 'same domain' deployment and if you have a VPN to the domain where NP Server lives and login credentials to  that domain, theoretically you should be able to Design reports outside the domain where the NP, QS and QV servers reside. This could be possible as long as you can actually open the NPrinting Web Console through a browser while connected to the VPN to the separate domain. Here is sample URLto an NPrinting Web Console https://mynprintingserver.domain.com:4993

(I have been trying to test this for you but am encountering some issues connecting via web browser to my NP server in a separate domain)

At the moment, we do not yet have a fully web-based NPrinting Designer. Thus you must install the NP designer software on desktops where you intend to create and modify NPrinting reports.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

This article may also prove useful if you install NPrinting behind a reverse proxy.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Qlik-NPrinting-behind-a-Reverse-Proxy-Novembe...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!