cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
royceduya
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dynamic Recipient on Publishing task

I am currently working on the cleanup of Private Sheets based on the Admin Playbook (https://adminplaybook.qlik-poc.com/). My question is how to achieve the distribution of the email through Nprint to send the list of objects based on the owners of the objects. I already configured the report and everything. what is only missing is how to send it to the users based on the field on qliksense.

Below is a quote from the admin playbook that it can be done on Nprint.

royceduya_0-1676564825451.png

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

absolutely not, 

This is what needs to happen:

• Import users using excel import which will
    • import users
    • create and assign filters to users
    • create group and assign all required users to that group
  • Create publish task
    • add report
    • add that group as a recipient (in User/Group sub tab of publish task)
    • fill up all required details

NPrinting will execute task by sending reports to all users who belong to the group. The fact that users will have associated individual filters with them will cause data to be filtered out for each them so they will only receive data based on the filters applied.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

On help page you have a sample import file. There you can see how to assign filter to users. 
you will need to have as many filters as many different reports you want to send. If there are 2 users which receive the same data then they can share 1 filter. So it is a question of your requirements if each user gets differently filtered report then yes-each of them needs its own filter. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @royceduya 

Please share the Qlik Help or Qlik Article link that contains that information.

We need to understand the context in which that statement was written.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
royceduya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

Here is the link where I am working on the cleanup of sheets. This is where I got the snip.

https://adminplaybook.qlik-poc.com/docs/asset_management/apps/remove_unused_private_sheets.html

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @royceduya 

you need to have all those users created in NPrinting and filters created for all of them likely using import task from excel which will also associate those filters to those users. The same import task can put all those users into NPrinting Group which will be used for distribution purposes in NPrinting. 

Rest was already discussed 100s times on community - for example yesterdays topic here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Send-same-report-to-individual-recipients-filtered-on-t....

Alternatively you could in this case use section access as all those users will have domain accounts and that could be used - still all of them will need to be created as users in NPrinting first. 

royceduya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech,

Yes, I have seen your reply on several topics but just want to check if there are other ways. Just to confirm, does each user will have their own publish task?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

absolutely not, 

This is what needs to happen:

• Import users using excel import which will
    • import users
    • create and assign filters to users
    • create group and assign all required users to that group
  • Create publish task
    • add report
    • add that group as a recipient (in User/Group sub tab of publish task)
    • fill up all required details

NPrinting will execute task by sending reports to all users who belong to the group. The fact that users will have associated individual filters with them will cause data to be filtered out for each them so they will only receive data based on the filters applied.

royceduya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech,

Apologies for the many question. Just trying to understand the process. for "create and assign filters to users"

Will a specific filter will be created for each user?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

On help page you have a sample import file. There you can see how to assign filter to users. 
you will need to have as many filters as many different reports you want to send. If there are 2 users which receive the same data then they can share 1 filter. So it is a question of your requirements if each user gets differently filtered report then yes-each of them needs its own filter. 

royceduya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech,

I tried it on 2 users and I was able to distribute the data accordingly. my report will show each users owned private sheets so yes 1 filter for each user. Will try the import function next. 

Thank you so much for your help.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Make sure you use import template file which you can download from help site. Structure of this file must stay unchanged!!