cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III

Entities are not present in the metadata

My report was working fine on Friday. Today in the morning I'm getting this error message. 

I checked connection and reloaded data several times. Nothing helps. I checked Qlik Sense report and I  have all these objects there. The only thing that changed is that the original Qlik Sense report became bigger. But regarding images that I upload to Nprinting nothing changed. In theory I can remove  everything and do it again. But why did it happen and what if it will happen again?

Ethel_0-1661181758653.png

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!!!

Labels (2)
12 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

AFAIK this happens when the Qlik sense app objects are deleted or replaced with new objects, that updates the objects IDs and nprinting won't be able to map old IDs with the sense app IDs.

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you, but I didn't change them or replace them! On Friday evening everything was working fine...

Digvijay_Singh

Try searching these object IDs in the Sense app, lets see if you have these IDs available in the app.

Just do right click on the object and then select Share->Embed to get the object ID.

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

If I'm looking at Object ID, they are different from code at the beginning of Entity. But why could it happen? I'm the only one who is working with this report. How can I prevent it the the future? Is there a way I can replace them with "new" charts without removing images from my power point? 

Thank you very much in advance!!

Digvijay_Singh

Thats vey strange to me if you found that your IDs got change without making changes in the app. I don't think there is any way to utilize old images, you would need to replace them with new Ids.

@Frank_S  Whats your take on this issue?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Several things may have changed and it has nothing to directly do with the NPrinting Report itself. It is likely one or more of the following:

• The source Qlik Sense QVF/app sheets or objects have been modified by the QVF developer. If any objects have changed, new columns or column updates, or deleted and replaced entirely, the latter would change the internal ID of the image (or table) object. To solve this, you will need to search for the object in the images/object list.
  • Now if the objects are not in the object list, they
    • might be conditionally hidden by the developer of the app
    • might be made 'private' or unpublished. by the developer of the app.
    • the objects were in a private sheet and perhaps the private sheet or the sheet objects were deleted (and perhaps recreated in another private sheet...which 'could' be conditionally hidden)
    • section access may have been added in which case, you need section access permission to load the app. If section access is added recently by the developer, then your user account needs to be part of the load script. Also you will need to fully publish the application. (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Section-access....)
    • if this is a 3rd party extension, perhaps the extension needs an update (less likely on this point however).

Once the objects are 'made public' and the Qlik Sense app is 'fully published' (no private or unpublished sheets or private sheet objects), you will then need to reload the NPrinting Connection. If needed you may wish to create a dedicated Qlik Sense app for NPrinting reporting purposes. See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/...

With regard to NPrinting report development, if you are not the Qlik Application owner or developer, it is very important to keep communication open with the app developer to ensure that any changes made to the source app are communicated to the NPrinting report developer. So I think your next steps is to speak with the app developer about any changes made to the source app.

As a best practice, ensure to have all QS apps associated with NP reports fully published and all private sheets and sheet objects made public to mitigate this type of issue.

cc @Digvijay_Singh

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

We have a similar article here:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much! I'm a developer and I didn't change objects(bar charts). We only published this app for the end user for testing.  After publishing I checked my version and published version and it was working.  

Any other ideas what could happen? And the most important how to prevent it in the future?

Is there any way to reuse old images of charts  in the NPrinting power point or I have to recreate it?  

Thanks a lot for helping me!!!

Frank_S
Support
Support

Sorry, that's all I have for you. 

The act of publishing may have solved it.

Also there is no way to use or link new objects to old objects or visa versa.

Kind regards...