Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II

Erratic formating in an Nprinting Pivot Table

Hi,

Whenever I assign black borders to a table, the format looks good on the Designer (a), but in the preview (b) looks awful.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks as always.

a) Black borders format in Designera) Black borders format in Designer

B) Preview with the erratic format appliedB) Preview with the erratic format applied

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am not an expert, but in my opinion "hard-formatting" of pivot tables will not work (regardles if it is in NPrinting or just in excel with dynamic query pulling and refreshing data)

My approach to do this would be to create a table style which would be applied to whole table:

1. Design-->Expand dropdown and choose "New PivotTable Style..."
  2. It opens "New PivotTable Style..."
  3. Choose which element of Pivot Table you wish to format
  4.  Apply reqired format

That way you are creating style which will be applied to Pivot table object and not to cell range which in pivot table is dynamic and will always change

cheers

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1632182323845.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am not an expert, but in my opinion "hard-formatting" of pivot tables will not work (regardles if it is in NPrinting or just in excel with dynamic query pulling and refreshing data)

My approach to do this would be to create a table style which would be applied to whole table:

1. Design-->Expand dropdown and choose "New PivotTable Style..."
  2. It opens "New PivotTable Style..."
  3. Choose which element of Pivot Table you wish to format
  4.  Apply reqired format

That way you are creating style which will be applied to Pivot table object and not to cell range which in pivot table is dynamic and will always change

cheers

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1632182323845.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.