Did you mean: 
renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III

Excel formatting in NPrinting.

Hi,

I have a Excel report as below

Excel.PNG

1. I want to show header as Equity in a merge cell same like for Commodity & Currency which showing in each cell.

2. There are some value which is showing in left align of cell as a text in comment even though in Chat Properties-presentation-align I      have checked for right (both in Data & Numeric).

Can anyone please help to resolve this as I have tried check in Keep as Source format in chat properties in NPrinting. Still it is not working.

Thanks & Regards,

Renuka S

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

I am bringing this as an Table not image.

Anyway for the Merging cell its not possible. For that we need to create Pivot Table in the Excel. So I am going with the same.

But for the 2 point i.e

2. There are some value which is showing in left align of cell as a text in comment even though in Chat Properties-presentation-align I      have checked for right (both in Data & Numeric).

I have got the solution and it is in QVW

HELP---About QlikView---Right Click the Qlikview icon which is in down left corner, you get a pop up in that select

ExcelExportMixedAsText mention 0 and then click on Set ---- Save Next Script on Load.

then you will get it.

Regards,

Renuka S

View solution in original post

9 Replies
avinashelite

you can merge cell in the NPrinting , you need to prepare your chart in the Qlikview and then you the same in the NPrinting .

To achieve the above representation , follow this document

multi_header_pivot_import.qvw

and use the same chart in the NPrinting

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

See the images which I have in Qlkiview, which gets changed to the previous image when I export mail from NPrinting.

Excel.PNG

Thanks & Regards,

Renuka S

avinashelite

you have done to dynamically right ?? that is the data is like that? if that is the case than NPrinting will not alter that  representation. Check in Qlikview how your merging the cell ? if they are using any text object on top of that then it will not have any effect in the NPrinting 

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Its a Dimension which I have used in QlikView.

avinashelite

Ok wait let me try

avinashelite

It seem like a limitation in NPrinting, if you have limited let of data you can try like this , copy the object as a clipboard object or you need to create a manual Pivot table . Check this

//community.vizubi.com/knowledgebase/articles/261211-how-to-create-a-pivot-table-from-excel-table-co...

Not applicable

How are you bringing this chart into NPrinting?  as an image or as a table.

If you bring it in as an iamge, there is not much you can do in Nprinting - all formatting needs to be done in QlikView

If you bring the object in as a table, then you can move either the entire table as a whole, or column by column, which will allow you to format each cell/column in excel

see attached for reference and further detail

Can I apply Excel formatting to my Excel reports? – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

How to Create Excel Reports – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

NPrinting Features for Creating Excel Reports – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

You can also go to the main NPrinting community, Customer Feedback for Vizubi, and search on Excel for additional articles and pointers

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

I am bringing this as an Table not image.

Anyway for the Merging cell its not possible. For that we need to create Pivot Table in the Excel. So I am going with the same.

But for the 2 point i.e

I have got the solution and it is in QVW

HELP---About QlikView---Right Click the Qlikview icon which is in down left corner, you get a pop up in that select

ExcelExportMixedAsText mention 0 and then click on Set ---- Save Next Script on Load.

then you will get it.

Regards,

Renuka S

Not applicable

Hi,

For 2, is there anyway the set all the cells as text? Since I have format the cells in qvw expressins, if set ExcelExportMixedAsText  to 0 will lost all the format in excel. If set it to 1, some sell will show as text,but some cells still number. It's really pain.