Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Srpic
Contributor II
Contributor II

Excel - merged cells

Hi there,

I need to create an excel file, which creates a table with merge cells like on the below picture:

Srpic_0-1635776488473.png

I unchecked Keep Source Format and it works fine, but only for the very first row, other rows are not merged. Any ideas how to achieve this? So that the format is expanded across all rows and not just the very first one, please?

Thanks you!

Labels (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

ote that I have tested with May 2021 NPrinting and do not have the issue you reported.

All rows and merged columns take the background fill format with keep source format checkbox removed from the table and individual objects.

You can see this in the image of the output below:

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Key information here is a version you are using. Merged cells were introduced only in May 2021 SR1 version and this is documented in release notes:

Merged cells in columns and cells are supported Jira issue ID: OP-9315 OP-9812 Columns or cells inserted into merge cells now retain the merged status and will be produced as merged cells in generated reports.

If you are using earlier version of NPrinting this will not work.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Richard4 

Your version is Initital Release (so yeah - it is different) and does not have merged cells feature. Your version is the last which does not support merged cells.

You will have to upgrade to at least SR1. @Frank_S  - no need to test this, it is not supported in version Richard is using.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1635886840077.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

11 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Srpic

Please confirm if you are or are not using NPrinting 17.0. You selected NP 17.0 when starting this discussion.

If so which version of NPrinting Server and Designer are you using?

Our answer will depend on your response.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

ote that I have tested with May 2021 NPrinting and do not have the issue you reported.

All rows and merged columns take the background fill format with keep source format checkbox removed from the table and individual objects.

You can see this in the image of the output below:

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Key information here is a version you are using. Merged cells were introduced only in May 2021 SR1 version and this is documented in release notes:

Merged cells in columns and cells are supported Jira issue ID: OP-9315 OP-9812 Columns or cells inserted into merge cells now retain the merged status and will be produced as merged cells in generated reports.

If you are using earlier version of NPrinting this will not work.

Srpic
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks @Frank_S . That's the reason, I guess. I was wrong about the version - it is November 2019 (Version: 19.40.3.0), hence the merged cells are not possible, I guess.

Srpic
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz , unfortunately, I'm using November 2019 version, hence it's not possible then.

Richard4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Frank_S ,

I have the same problem as Srpic, but I have the MAY 2021 Versión: 21.14.3.0 and I have tried to remove the "Keep source formats" option and continue without having the expected result.
Sorry for my ignorance, but is my version different from the SR1 you mentioned in your previous answer?

Thank you very much!

Richard4_2-1635880031348.png

Frank_S
Support
Support

I'll need to imitate your environment @Richard4 as you appear to have a few calculated columns.

My test environment only contains simple dimension values. I'll need to create calculated columns in my test app.

In the meantime perhaps you could try move your calculated columns to the load script, reload the NP connection and retest.

Kind regards...

Richard4
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much @Frank_S ,

I have tried with simple values and I get the same result.

Richard4_0-1635884880963.png

Frank_S
Support
Support

Ok thanks!

Please explain your:

Expected results

• ???
  • ???

Actual Results

• date values?
  • Are the columns becoming unmerged?
  • other unexpected output

If the latter, try these steps
1. Drag each NP dimension tags to the template editor separately (this will also bring over the column titles

2. Select the tag cell and the cell to the left or right of it ie BC DE etc (ignore the title cells for now)

3. Merge the two cells

4. Preview the report.

Don't type the NP tag into the merged cell.

Thanks...