Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deborahs
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exclude values from filter

np.PNG

Hello!! I'm working on an NPrinting Request and I'm stuck at a point where I want to add a filter to my report but the value inside should be excluded. I have seen a sample output where in the filter, it shows that the value is NOT included.

Does anyone know how can I get this filter to work on Nprinting?

I've attached a sample picture for reference, I'm trying to get the "NOT ECDF"  part in my filter working, I do not know how to exclude values.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Short answer is: t his feature is currently not available in NPrinting 17 and higher.

You cannot exclude values in NPrinting filter, you can only apply filter.

So if you want to have inverted logic, create it in Qlik load script by creating an additional column like:

If(Not Match(entity_code,'ECDF','ECDIF','ECLDIF','ELDF','ECDLP'),1,0) as Exclude_Flag

and then use it in NPrinting filter like:

Field: Exclude_Flag

Numerical Value Is: 1

That is the simplest solution currently

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
deborahs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you sir, I shall try this out!

My alternative solution was creating bookmarks and then just taking each as a report without any Nprinting filters. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

your alternative with bookmarks.... I do not understand how it would work?

How would you apply bookmarks? NPrinting 17 and above does not have this functionality yet

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
deborahs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My colleague suggested that I try making bookmarks of the filters I want for individual tables and then pass the bookmark as a filter in NPrinting or something like that. But even he didn't know that this feature has been discontinued after Nprint '11 or '16. So i had to add all the filters except for the one i wanted to exclude (doing it the long way) and pass that as a filter in nprint! Thank you all for your help!