Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sforrester
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Filtering tables in an NPrinting Pixel Perfect Report

Hi all,

I am trying to create a table in an NPrinting Pixel Perfect report but I need to filter out some of the data using a wildcard.

- I have tried using 'Evaluate Value' as a filter prior to creating the report but I keep getting the error - Wrong content node response type. I've tried multiple formulas here:

[User Name]-='*admin*'

if([User Name]-='*admin*', [User Name])

I also tried != instead of -=

- I tried creating a formula to use in the table cell in the actual report:  =only({<[User Name]-={'*admin*'}>} [User Name]) which works but it doesn't eliminate nulls, I just get a line with a '-' instead of the value.

User 1

-

User 3

User 4

etc.

- I tried using just the field name [User Name] in the table cell and then applying a conditional filter on the cell [User Name] != '*admin*' but it seems to be ignoring the wildcard. I also tried % instead of * but no luck.

Can anyone direct me on how to apply a wildcard filter to ideally the whole report, but at least this table? I'm using NPrinting June 2017 and Qlik Sense 2017.

Thanks!

1 Reply
Kostas_Lag
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Shana,

I think what you are trying to do is also related to my question...

Advanced Search filters in NPrinting 17.5

Since NP17 filters only return a single value and not an array I guess that your filter wouldn't work!

I've seen some suggestions to create a flag for the data you want to filter and use it as a filter.

I hope it helps,

Kostas