Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Help with creating individual slides with multiple field values - page function

Hi,

Need a bit of help...

I have a PowerPoint report with one image on a slide. I have added Product Area (ie product area A, product area B, product area C and so on) as a page so that the report will be duplicated x number of times for the number of existing product areas. This works without any problem.

Now I also want to add another page for another field = Period (which include QTD and YTD) so that I get 2 slides per product area = Product area A  per QTD and Product area A per YTD and so on... 

I think this can be done. I have searched and found this: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/PowerPointReports/Pages-individual.h...

However I don't know how to make it work. I have tried to drag both the pages into my slide but get the error message 

MT4_0-1671395664840.png

I don't really understand the error message that my field 'Product Area' is used out of its level range. Does anyone know how to make it work?

THANKS!!!
/Michelle

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

create a single table object  with the all the dimensions that you need to create a page on

then drag those dimensions onto the page in the nested order you need to create pages on

example , below will generate one slide for each ProductArea for a given period

<PeriodSelType>

<ProductArea>

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/PowerPointReports/Page-Features.htm

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In the nodes Pages and Levels you can add fields but also straight tables and Qlik NPrinting will create a new instance of the selected entities for each distinct value of the added field or straight table. Using straight tables is useful to create combinations, like in your case, or to create slides only for a filtered set of values, the ones in the table.

Another solution could be to create a single field by concatenating the two original ones in the Qlik data reload script. The disadvantage is that you have to update the script but the advantage is that calculation efforts are done only one time on reload instead of each time you create a report from the template. In other words, if you create a new field, you will have a faster report generation and a simpler template.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

create a single table object  with the all the dimensions that you need to create a page on

then drag those dimensions onto the page in the nested order you need to create pages on

example , below will generate one slide for each ProductArea for a given period

<PeriodSelType>

<ProductArea>

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/PowerPointReports/Page-Features.htm

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In the nodes Pages and Levels you can add fields but also straight tables and Qlik NPrinting will create a new instance of the selected entities for each distinct value of the added field or straight table. Using straight tables is useful to create combinations, like in your case, or to create slides only for a filtered set of values, the ones in the table.

Another solution could be to create a single field by concatenating the two original ones in the Qlik data reload script. The disadvantage is that you have to update the script but the advantage is that calculation efforts are done only one time on reload instead of each time you create a report from the template. In other words, if you create a new field, you will have a faster report generation and a simpler template.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks to the both of you!!