Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haasmwdm
Contributor III
Contributor III

How can I insert "labels" in a Word report?

Hello all,
I would like to label containers for the single parts in our assembly (small thumbnail, part number, quantity etc). For this I would use self-adhesive labels, so that afterwards per label a different item can be seen. But when I go to the desinger (Word report) and try to select labels, it doesn't work:

haasmwdm_0-1626955905367.png

Is there a way to enable this? Gladly also other ideas/suggestions how to implement it.
In the end it should look like this:

haasmwdm_2-1626956275808.png

Thanks in advance!
Manuel

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you checked the article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-add-dynamic-images-in-a-PixelPerfect-t... It is done in PixelPerfect but maybe it gives you a more fine control on labels dimensions.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The commands in light grey are not supported. What is your goal? Create a Word report to print labels?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@haasmwdm

For supported MS word reporting options for use with NPrinting, visit:

Perhaps this will work for you:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Hoye85
Contributor II
Contributor II

1. Start by creating a New Document of labels. For more info, see Create a sheet of nametags or address labels.
  2. Insert a graphic and then select it.
  3. Go to Picture Format > Text Wrapping, and select Square. Select X to close.
  4. Drag the image into position within the label. ...
  5. Save or print your label.

@haasmwdm wrote:

Hello all,
    I would like to label containers for the single parts in our assembly (small thumbnail, part number, quantity etc.....mybpcreditcard........). For this I would use self-adhesive labels, so that afterwards per label a different item can be seen. But when I go to the desinger (Word report) and try to select labels, it doesn't work:

haasmwdm_0-1626955905367.png

Is there a way to enable this? Gladly also other ideas/suggestions how to implement it.
    In the end it should look like this:

haasmwdm_2-1626956275808.png

Thanks in advance!
    Manuel

haasmwdm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, exactly.
My goal is to have each item on its own label. Then print them out and stick them on.
I have these labels:
https://www.avery-zweckform.com/blanko-etiketten/rechteckig-105x37-mm

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you checked the article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-add-dynamic-images-in-a-PixelPerfect-t... It is done in PixelPerfect but maybe it gives you a more fine control on labels dimensions.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
haasmwdm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No, not yet.
But looks quite good after the first look.

Thank you!