Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supriya10
Partner - Contributor III

How multiple condition work in qlik nprinting

Hi,

I have 2 different application in Qlik sense and on the basis of each I have created 2 different report in Nprinting .

Both Application's connections are in same Nprinting app.

I want to Apply condition on task - If both app are reloaded successfully in Qlik then only send the mail if any one of them is fail to reload or not reloaded yet then not to send the mail.

For this requirement I have created variable to check the reload date and match with today date Means app should reloaded on today only.

I want to check this condition for both apps so how the multiple conditions work.

if both apps Reload successfully True

if any one app is fail or not reloaded then false .

How can I implement this requirement.

How conditions work for multiple conditions?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
supriya10
Author

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your response!

I have apply below solution it solve my Problem:

Inside single condition - I have added 2 rules for 2 independent Connection.

Each rule have 2 condition:

1. To check reload date = today date

2. To check data is 1 day before

If all rules satisfied then only it return True else It return False value.

It solve my requirement.

Thanks,

Supriya

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @supriya10 

Can you tell us what you have tried thus far and what are the results or your own tests?

Are you ensuring that you perform a reload of the NPrinting connection before your publish task is executed? Doing so ensures the most recent information (ie: reload information checked by your variable is updated) from your QS apps are cached in each respective NP connection.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.h...

Our conditions pages don't go into specific use cases for multiple conditions but you can try something like this condition/rule on the publish task and see if that works.

Frank_S_0-1619794706244.png

kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Frank - I guess question is slightly different. What you have presented in your screenshot is exactly 50% of the requirement. Now the challenging part is to have exactly the same condition but on different connection to another Qlik app.

I am assuming the question will be if it is possible to force task to consider 2 conditions from 2 independent connections.

My gut feel tells me we just need to create another condition like yours and add both of them to task conditions. that would be it, right?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
supriya10
Author

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your response!

I have apply below solution it solve my Problem:

Inside single condition - I have added 2 rules for 2 independent Connection.

Each rule have 2 condition:

1. To check reload date = today date

2. To check data is 1 day before

If all rules satisfied then only it return True else It return False value.

It solve my requirement.

Thanks,

Supriya

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That was exactly my assumption - so all is well

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.