Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwb139
Creator
Creator

How to Filter Levels

Hi all,

I have a question on how I can filter out certain values on my nPrinting report. I have a dimension called appfolio_property_name which includes all of our current property names. I want to be able to sort them based on whether or not we have sold them. In my screenshot, I've got the ones currently owned on top and the ones sold on the bottom. I have tried applying a filter onto the property names where sold=yes but then there are null values on the bottom which take up hundreds of rows. Can anyone provide some insight into this? Thanks in advance.

rwb139_0-1605723064973.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@rwb139 

To achieve your requirement, you can also emulate the snapshot below in your NP designer template editor.

In this example,

• Add two levels and two tables using the same chart object
  • Create two filters. Apply your Yes (2015) filter to one table and the No (2016) filter to the second table

object filter1.PNG

In my case the yes can be considered 2015 and the no can be considered 2016. 

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You should use Qlik sense table as a source for your levels and use dedicated expressions (typically with set analysis) to filter out data accordingly. Make sure you disable visibility of null value dimensions as well as 0 values in Qlik Sense chart properties. 

With this in place you can then decide on individual sort of the records (sorting set on the table will be applied) as well as filter (set analysis used). Sorting should be set in Qlik Sense properties panel (not by dynamic sort on ui)

Make sure you reload metadata afterwards 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@rwb139 

To achieve your requirement, you can also emulate the snapshot below in your NP designer template editor.

In this example,

• Add two levels and two tables using the same chart object
  • Create two filters. Apply your Yes (2015) filter to one table and the No (2016) filter to the second table

object filter1.PNG

In my case the yes can be considered 2015 and the no can be considered 2016. 

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Frank_S 

It is worth mentioning that by taking your approach you only filtering table inside the level and not the actual level, right?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rwb139
Creator
Creator
Author

@Frank_S / @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thank you both for your help! I believe that filtering the table will accomplish what I'm trying to do. I appreciate both of your help! I will update the solution once I am able to test it and confirm.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Correct. Using object filters in this ways is a reasonable way to achieve the desired result.

rwb139
Creator
Creator
Author

That did the trick! Thanks for your help!

Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries!