Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EISSA
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to Improve the Resolution of the PDF Nprinting Report

Hi,

As per the below screen show that I am using the very high Quality to generate my pdf file and still the file is 30Mb size and when we zoom the report the resolution is not good. anything should I change from Qlik Sense Dashboard or settings or it is related to Nprinting limitations ?

EISSA_0-1630398538327.png

Qlik NPrinting 

Labels (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First thing to do would be to check your template and see what is the resolution of objects you get there.

If you are using images from Qlik Sense those will not be pixel perfect when zoomed as they are exported using certain resolution and after export they are just any other image.

Settings you are showing in console dont play that much role in actual quality of the report. It is design of the template and methodology used when building it. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

things to check would be:

• original size of image in Qlik Sense
  • size od placeholder for image in pixel perfect template
  • size of page (A3,A4, Letter etc... in pixel perfect)

I would start from those

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Since you are talking about a table I would consider making effort to built native table in pixel perfect (if possible).  I am assuming it is some sort of pivot table (given that you haven't done it yet) so workaround using straight table and set analysis would be required for this. It is hard to say more without actually seeing what the outcome needs to to look like.

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First thing to do would be to check your template and see what is the resolution of objects you get there.

If you are using images from Qlik Sense those will not be pixel perfect when zoomed as they are exported using certain resolution and after export they are just any other image.

Settings you are showing in console dont play that much role in actual quality of the report. It is design of the template and methodology used when building it. 

cheers

EISSA
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  so in this case what should I change in the template ?  how to improve the resolution when inserting the objects as image in the template ? 

thanks.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

things to check would be:

• original size of image in Qlik Sense
  • size od placeholder for image in pixel perfect template
  • size of page (A3,A4, Letter etc... in pixel perfect)

I would start from those

EISSA
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

when using the Normal size in the Nprinting image property I am getting a better resolution but the problem is 

that the table have too much columns so when generating the report in normal size some of the columns are not shown anymore because I was using the stretch image sizing.

What could be the alternative solution in this case ? 

EISSA_0-1630419184527.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Since you are talking about a table I would consider making effort to built native table in pixel perfect (if possible).  I am assuming it is some sort of pivot table (given that you haven't done it yet) so workaround using straight table and set analysis would be required for this. It is hard to say more without actually seeing what the outcome needs to to look like.