Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suriyasankar
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to Resolve the Report Warning "You must generate the cache for the app..." and the "Edit" button is missing

HI,

I have Created Connection in Qlik Nprinting  (Qlik NPrinting November 2020 SR1 Version: 20.39.4.0)

I am able to connect Proxy Address and Domain to the Qlik Sense server, When am I Give Run Verification the Task are completed Successfully. But That Connection Couldn't Generate the Apps from Qlik Sense Server.

following Status is displayed:

Connection Status : Connection Failed on Some Nprinting Engines 

Cache Status            : Error 

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@suriyasankar

If you have any one NP connection within and NP App with 'error' status, this will cause the message '"You must generate the cache for the app..."

One way to get around this is the use One NP App per NP connection as a best practice. This way any one failing connection will not cause problems for other NP connections within the same NP App..

Otherwise, you need to resolve the failing NP connection with the 'error' status.

KInd regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @suriyasankar

Yes, so to do this troubleshooting:

In the NPrinting Web Console, open "Connections" 

1. Open the NPrinting Connection that is showing an 'error' status.

2. Click 'Verify Connection'

3. Provide an image/snapshot of the verification failure.

From there we can guide you one what might be causing the connection failure.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@suriyasankar

If you have any one NP connection within and NP App with 'error' status, this will cause the message '"You must generate the cache for the app..."

One way to get around this is the use One NP App per NP connection as a best practice. This way any one failing connection will not cause problems for other NP connections within the same NP App..

Otherwise, you need to resolve the failing NP connection with the 'error' status.

KInd regards...

suriyasankar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Frank_S,

Thank you For the Response..

in this Case We can't Create  Multiple NP  Connection and NP Apps?  

Could you Elaborate this (Otherwise, you need to resolve the failing NP connection with the 'error' status.)  

Thanks And Regards,

Suriya

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @suriyasankar

Yes, so to do this troubleshooting:

In the NPrinting Web Console, open "Connections" 

1. Open the NPrinting Connection that is showing an 'error' status.

2. Click 'Verify Connection'

3. Provide an image/snapshot of the verification failure.

From there we can guide you one what might be causing the connection failure.

Kind regards...

suriyasankar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Frank_S,

What you suggested i have tried. i didn't get any errors in run verification. if I give reload metadata in Connection there am I getting Status  as Error.

For your understand i have attached the file please check …

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots.

Are you running more than one Qlik NPrinting Engine? If yes be sure you installed the Qlik Sense certificates in all of them and set the firewall rules listed on the help site. 

When all the checks under Run Verification are green the cache should be generated. Please check also the Qlik NPrinting logs, in particular the engine.log, to verify if there are more detailed errors.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Further to @Ruggero_Piccoli 's point, 

-Are you trying to connect to multiple Qlik Sense servers from one NPrinting Server? 

-Is there any data and chart objects inside the QVF that you are attempting to connect to? Or is it a QVF with data but no useable filter and or chart objects?

If you want to send me and ruggero the NPrinting logs and the QVF here (if it contains no sensitive information) or Private Message if contains sensitive information. We can review it then.

Kind regards...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To add to this - the most common reason the verification of the connection works and actual status of connection does not is section access which we usually forget about when connecting to nprinting and using nprinting service account in connection configuration.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Does this happens in only one PC? Could you try on another PC?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
suriyasankar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I have reinstalled that qlik nprinting in server. then properly added qlik sense certificates in C- Program files. After that restar the services. Now i am able to generate the repors.

Thank you All for Your Great Supports

Regards 

Suriya