cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amweiner
Partner - Contributor III

How to delete reports from NewsStand?

We have been testing reports and report distributions, and as a result, have many test reports that are listed in the NewsStand. We would like to remove the test reports. I don't see any options for maintaining the NewsStand. Is there a way this can be done from the backend? I am using NPrinting 17.4.

22 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Did you check if this table has any keys to other tables?

It could have worked for you (reports could disapear from NewsStand) but are you sure you did not break anything else?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lech,

Table published_reports has primary key "id" which is reference to the table file. In my case there were no refereces to the file table. As from previous experiences with postrgresql, if there would be any references to other tables, postgresql will notify you and not allow you to delete entries prior to deleting it from reference tables, if configured properly.

I am 100% sure, that i did not break anything in my case.

But as Ruggero pointed out, you have to be aware of impact of changes inside repository and backup is always necessary.

Regards,

Ladislav

amweiner
Author

I prefer not to perform any non-supported actions on a client database. So will wait until Qlik develops a feature that supports report management.

matzenbacher
Creator II
Creator II

The date is October 2019.

Two years later we have a simple way to delete these blessed reports from the NewStand?
Qlik? Batman? Someone?

Many thanks!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You still continue to open a support ticket.

Support guys have a guide I wrote to delete reports published on the NewsStand by working on the Repository. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
smendez
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

if you try this https://support.qlik.com/articles/000073228

and after:

1- delete the all associated reports in Nprinting.

2- Reload NewStand Web, the reports no appear in history

Regards.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The article describes how to remove the files, but there are also data in the repository that need to be cleaned.

I suggest again to open a support ticket and work with a skilled support person that will follow the complete procedure. The deletion of reports published on the Qlik NPrinting NewsStand involves also an upgrade of the repository that must be done by a skilled person. If you damage the repository the installation could stop working.

This is valid until Qlik NPrinting will has an official published reports deleting feature that is in the roadmap but we don't know when it will be released.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Giuseppe_Panella
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

starting from Qlik NPrinting June 2020 release you can delete reports from the NewsStand, here you can see how to do it. 

[video]

smendez
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

than you 😃

Fran_by
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi.

Users not use NewsStand in my company only mail report, but folder C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\apps  very huge, I think because nprinting developer never uncheck Publish for NewsStand in Publuish Task Distinations.

How do I properly delete all NewsStand reports?