Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fcecconi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Launch NPrint from Qlik Sense

Can this be done?

I would like to have a hyperlink in my Qlik Sense table.  When the user clicks on the hyperlink it will kick off an NPrinting report with a specified parameter.

Header 1Header 2Header 3Header 4
Company ABCWidget A$500Launch Report
Company ABAWidget B$750Launch Report
Company ABAWidget A$1000Launch Report

Clicking on the 1st Launch Report link would kick off the Nprinting report for Company ABC and Widget A, the 2nd would kick off the  Nprinting report for Company ABA and Widget B and so on..

Thanks

Frank

4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

do you use ondemand for nprinting ?

fcecconi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

We are currently not using ondemand.  However if that will be able to fulfill this requirement, then we will implement it.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

yes i think Ondemand makes you to generate the reports based on user need

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Chanty - are you quesing your answers or maybe shooting in the dark? I find your above comments very misleading, don't you think? Please provide the instructions how you can achieve on demand functionality by using a hyperlink in a table. I will be more than happy to see it working.

Frank - down to your question:

1. ondemand fucntionality first and foremost does not exist in Qlik Sense as out of the box component!!!
  2. you can mimic on demand functionality by using extensions (for example this Qlik Sense On-Demand report using Qlik NPrinting - YouTube ,please also read a comments and limitations of this functionality)
  3. you also can levarage NPrinitng APIs to build on demand fucntionality in Qlik Sense, but it will require coding knowledge. On top of that to make it available as a hyperlink component in a table it would be even more difficult.

See the link to NPrinitng API reference document below:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/Extending/Intro-Extending.htm

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.