cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcostapa
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Maps not working on ppt

Hi folks, lately I've executed an old report (ppt) in Qlik NPrinting  I've realized that maps are not working. Both server and design verisions are running Nov 2002. Before running the report I upgraded the desing version because server was more up to date.

My problem is that with this new version maps are not running, here you can see a screenshot of a sample report using maps and the view on NPrinting ppt format:

pcostapa_0-1612170850536.png

This sheet is a set of 4 different maps using the out of the box map object and using a column Country as a layer.

And this is what I get running NPrinting as importing the sheet as an image:

pcostapa_1-1612171030617.png

So as you can see legends appears but not the data neither the background of the map.

Last year I ran the report (with old version of NPrinting) and no problem.

Any suggestions how I can fix it?

Thanks

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Karpenter1
Contributor
Contributor

Using MSExcel 2007 with NPrinting 16 against Qlikview 12. Upgrading is doubtful.

I'd be applying changes to the spreadsheet template. Then, to test, I request a preview with a preset limited report filter.

Then Excel crashes, NPrinting loses its connection, and crashes the template editor, throwing away the changes.

I have resorted to saving and closing every single change, combined with off-site source control, just to limit the damage these crashes cause.

It's stifling my production speed.

Did you encounter this? If so, did you fix it? How

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Karpenter1 

I think you have posted your comment in wrong question as it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread... FYI - NP16 and QV 12 were never supported together. Here is matrix of supported configurations: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Requirements-for-QlikView-NPrinting-16-x-x-x-...

@pcostapa - regarding your topic - we need more info,

• does NPrinitng server have access to internet...
  • does service account have access to internet...
  • did you upgrade all services (Server, engine and designer)..
  • did you reload metadata after upgrade as per instructions...

You also need to remember that maps are using external references (map background comes from internet which is not supported in NPrinting at all!!!). Please read more in official doc: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.