cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple User Filters Per Report

Good Day,

We recently migrated to N17 (April Update) and Im having some issues with a requirement coming from the client. We currently have a model that runs per country with multiple products in that country. The current setup of the report which reads from a recipient table in NPrinting 16 is:

UserCountryProduct
A1Product_1
A1Product_2
A1Product_3
A2Product_1
B2Product_1
B2Product_2
C3Product_1
D4Product_1

What Im trying to show is that user A should be getting multiple reports for all his products in his managed country. Bear in mind that the report being sent out is specific per product per country (so we dont combine any data). Thus he should essentially be seeing 3 unique reports in his mail box.

The only way I can see people getting this to work is to create multiple connections however my Product list and country list is well over 100 different combinations. I have the import task working for N17 however the moment I add a second filter in for the user it seems to start acting like a "AND" condition and no results get returned.

Does any one else have some advice on how to tackle this scenario, Im more than happy to explain further if required to do so.

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Lech,

Indeed that product filter could be the one but in some cases what would the filter set be like if we had a master user who is present over multiple countries too? Expanding on my list above as an example:

email, country, product

aaa@gmai.com, lagos, soap

aaa@gmai.com, lagos, toothpaste

aaa@gmai.com, egypt, deoderant

aaa@gmai.com, egypt, floss

aaa@gmai.com, mexico, toothbrush

aaa@gmai.com, paris, wetwipes

This was the current excel sheet that I was trying to test with to get my 2 reports sent to one single user, first image is the main page of the sheet, second image being the filters sheet.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

still the same..

I would create a single filter for user aaa@gmai.com‌ and my filter would be like:

[Country]={'Lagos','egypt','mexico','paris'}, [product]={'soap','toothpaste','deoderant','floss','toothbrush','wetwipes'}

and would use a cycle functionality through country&product fields

If the combination of country & product needs to be explicit then in Qlik data model i would create concatenated field and use alos a single filter like:

[country&'-'&product]={'lagos-soap','lagos-toothpaste','egypt-'deoderant,etc...}

what do you reckon?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Lech,

Let me attempt this now quick and Ill report back to you, thanks for posting this suggestion. Working on it as we speak.

Addition: Okey awesome this worked Lech!!! The next issue now arises. I get one single HTML report in my mail with the zip files containing the reports for each country and product combination. I presume this means now that I should rather concact them in the model and apply that entire filter to get them singled out and send individually?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Lech,

Okey seems like the first solution is our answer. However this still does not give me a unique email per filter value but rather bunches up the various filters into a zip file. I am starting to think that it would be somewhat better to remove the multiple emails that the users got on N16 into one email as per above.

I would then turn my HTML mail into a Excel report rather but this would need some form of business approval first. I dont suppose there is a simple step that Im missing to get each email sent per filter separately hey? Again thanks for the help till this point.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That is correct. There will be one email sent with all report for recipient in it.

I don't think there is currently a solution to send for each report / cycle value individual filter.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Lech,

This will have to do for the time being and offers what I need the most. Thank you for your help and guidance on the issue, marked the above answer as correct as it lead to the solution.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

my pleasure - cheers