Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edge
Creator
Creator

N Printing outputs QlikView text objects as images and assigns unwanted sizes to them

Hi,

I have 2 issues with NPrinting. I don't know if we are all the same or others might have a work around for it.

1- If I have a text object in qlikview NPrtinting outputs it as image. Can't output just the text instead?

2- Why N Printing by default gives images height and width. is there is no way disable this behavior?

Note: I am working with NPrinting to design emails html that Emended QlikView objects inside the email body.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

if you only want the text in the text objects , you have two options :

1. in the Qlikview model create a variable that will have the text object expression, 
   so you can use it both in the Qlikview text object and nprinting reports.

2. if you don't want to change the Qlikview model, in the nprinting report

use the function option in and create a new function with your text object expression 

this method is faster but if you make changes to the text object you'll need to make changes to the functions also

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

if you only want the text in the text objects , you have two options :

1. in the Qlikview model create a variable that will have the text object expression, 
   so you can use it both in the Qlikview text object and nprinting reports.

2. if you don't want to change the Qlikview model, in the nprinting report

use the function option in and create a new function with your text object expression 

this method is faster but if you make changes to the text object you'll need to make changes to the functions also

Edge
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lironbaram,

Many thanks. I found your suggestion a good solution. 🙂