cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christygobar
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting 17 Cycle Field through Multiple Reports

In NPrinting 16, I could cycle through a field (Geography) and create individual Excel reports to a destination folder.

I do not find this functionality in the new v17 - only the ability to create filters.

Using "Page" in the template editor does not get my needs covered, as I need an individual Excel file rather than Excel tabs.

Any assistance?

Thanks!

43 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Christy -

The same result can be achieved by creating "users" that represent each value in the Geography field.

Create a user and assign each user a filter on the Geography field representing one of the field values.

Create the desired output folder as a destination and use that in the publish task.

NPrinting will then create a report for each user (a distinct report for each value of Geography) and distribute them to the destination folder.

christygobar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

A rather tedious result, unfortunately, when I have over 200 geographies and compound that per report.  I used to be able to simply cycle on the field.

But I do understand the concept and can test it out on a limited basis.

Ultimately may need to stick with v16 for the foreseeable future.

christygobar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the quick response!

Stephen_Jasionowski

You can set up an Excel file to import the users which shouldn't be difficult to create, even for 200 users. That process is outlined here: http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.0/Content/Recipients&Users/ImportUsersFiltersGroups/Import-U...

And an sample Excel file is is the examples (Examples ‒ QlikView NPrinting)

You should be able to apply a formula and copy down to get all of the 200+ users and filters established. I'd just make sure to paste values in the file after doing so since I'm not sure how the import would handle data that contains a formula as part of the import.

christygobar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Stephen, I found this thread here:

QlikView NPrinting 17 & QlikView Governance Dashboard 2.0 are here

Which basically answers my question - cycling (And dynamic naming, which was also on my list of things I'm missing) appears to be coming at some point in a future release, although not in the one this month.  If we believe this to be a function coming sometime this year, I can definitely hold off on doing some of the workarounds above.

Thanks for the assistance!

Stephen_Jasionowski

Christy - cycling is a gap feature intended to be closed but at this time I cannot say whether that will be this year or next.

NPrinting will follow the same release cadence as Qlik Sense, meaning 3 major releases in February, June and September with service releases in between. So if it does not make it into the release of 17.2 in September (it is not part of the 17.1 release this month), it will be in a release next year.

ssapseid
Partner - Contributor III

Just checking if there is anymore progress on the cycle feature being included in NPrinting 17?  NPrinting 16 cycles through 1000's of customer dimensions for us.  There is no point upgrading to NPrinting 17 unless this feature is supported.

Stephen_Jasionowski

The feature will not be implemented this year and I have no timetable at this time on when it may be available next year.

ssapseid

Thank you for the information Stephen