Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting 18 Nov 2018 freezing

I've gone from NPrinting 18 Sept to Nov 2018 release

However when I try to open it and sign in, all good and it freezes then as below.

The timer at the top just freezes, its not rotating as if to show it is doing something.

Anyone encountered this issue?

TIA.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Finally got this working this morning by changing the key in TLS 1.0

Disabled key was set to 1 and I changed it to 0

Enabled key set to 0 and I changed this to 1.

Only on the Client Key, not the Server key.

Reboot and engine came on line

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-engine-remains-offline/td-p/15274...

View solution in original post

18 Replies
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Scheduler Log File attached

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It seems that the Qlik NPrinting Scheduler service is stopped. Please try to restart it. If it doesn't restart please reboot the server.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

My engine isn't coming online.

I've restarted the server and restarted all services. No difference.

I've activated the license, put in the license password when adding the engine. I just cannot get the engine to come online.

Pic attached.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

From Qlik NPrinting November 2018 Release Notes:

Upgrade to November 2018
If you are upgrading to November 2018 you must:

• Reinstall all your Qlik NPrinting Engines and providing a password for certificate exchange
  • Open the Engine manager in the Web Console
  • Open the detail page for each Engine and send the certificate after inserting the same password

you used during the engines reinstallation
Qlik NPrinting Engines stay offline until the certificate exchange is performed. Older Engine versions cannot
connect to a Qlik NPrinting November 2018 Server.

I suppose the problem is this.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ruggero,

I put in the same password as I had during the installation from the cert and it saved.
But that didn't bringing it online. I removed the engine and readded and still no joy. I've no idea what else to try
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I got the message Cert installed successfully but too quick to get a screen shot.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

At this point you could:

1. Check if there are some meaningful error messages in the logs
  2. Open a support ticket in order to organize a remote call and check you installation

I have not other ideas.

Best Regards,
Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
gkrish26
Contributor II
Contributor II

i have  also same issue, no errors in engine logs.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Check that the certificates are correctly installed by doing the following actions.

Server certificate store

1. Log into NPrinting Server as the NPrinting service user
  2. Run "Manage user certificates" from Start menu
  3. Check into the folder Personal -> Certificates that the following certificates exist
    1. Issued To: client_scheduler Issued By: qlik-NPrinting-Messaging-CA
    2. Issued To: client_webengine Issued By: qlik-NPrinting-Messaging-CA
  4. Check that the folder "Third party root certification authorities" contains a certificate
    1. Issued To: qlik-NPrinting-Messaging-CA Issued By: qlik-NPrinting-Messaging-CA

Server file system

1. Open folder %PROGRAMDATA%\NPrinting\certificates and check that it contains the following files
    1. cacert.pem
    2. cert.pem
    3. key.pem

Engine

1. Log into NPrinting Engine as the NPrinting service user
  2. Run "Manage user certificates" from Start menu
  3. Check into the folder Personal -> Certificates that the following certificate exists
    1. Issued To: client_engine Issued By: qlik-NPrinting-Messaging-CA

If they are not installed please follow the instructions to install the Qlik NPrinting Engine again.

Upgrade to November 2018
If you are upgrading to November 2018 you must:

1. Open the 4997 port outbound on Qlik NPrinting Server and inbound on all Qlik NPrinting Engines
  2. Reinstall all your Qlik NPrinting Engines and providing a password for certificate exchange
  3. Open the Engine manager in the Web Console
  4. Open the detail page for each Engine and send the certificate after inserting the same password
    you used during the engines reinstallation

Qlik NPrinting Engines stay offline until the certificate exchange is performed. Older Engine versions cannot
connect to a Qlik NPrinting November 2018 Server.

Best Regards,
Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero