cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J8
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting April 2020 cache status error when trying to reloadmetadata

Hi, I have tried to reindex postgre database and recreate my data connection but nothing seems to work.   I went into Task Execution and got the Invalid parameters.  Not sure what all this means.  Any insights or guidance????

Error.PNG

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@J8 

If you are using direct discovery/direct query in your QS app, note that there are limitations that will impact NPrinting.

Suggest to avoid such queries used in QS apps that are intended for use with NPrinting reporting.

Direct Discovery Limitations that may impact NPrinting:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. message is clear- check engine logs for details. What do you see in engine logs-share them if you can.

2. I hope you did not actualy reindex postgres database-did you? That could corrupt your whole repository...and if you did, my questio nwould be: why did you think that was good idea in the fgirst place? There is no place in documentation suggesting that action at all and every document you will read will state that messing with reposotory db is not supported and you are doing it at your own risk...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@J8 

What happens when you attempt to use the verification button to verify the connection parameters?

Please share the errors found when attempting to verify the connection. Also the engine log file would be helpful as well.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
J8
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply.  

1) I will have to reload to get that error again.  

2) Good to know.  I found an article in the community that suggested this -  NPrinting: Can't reload metadata of an existing connection.  So gave it a try but didn't help.   But what i found out which i find strange is the app is using a direct query statement and once i flipped it to sql statement, metadata loaded.  I guess NPrinting doesn't like Direct Query.

J8
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Frank, I will try it.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@J8 

If you are using direct discovery/direct query in your QS app, note that there are limitations that will impact NPrinting.

Suggest to avoid such queries used in QS apps that are intended for use with NPrinting reporting.

Direct Discovery Limitations that may impact NPrinting:

Kind regards...