Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huberto
Creator
Creator

NPrinting CSV reports not generated (Your quota limit of {0}MB was exceeded)

Hi all,

I am generating Qlik NPrinting CSV reports which are working fine for some customers but for others, the same report is not generated. Based on the errors in the QNP logs, I assume the output files are too big.

Here are some details about the scenario:

Qlik Sense version: Qlik Sense February 2022 Patch 7

Qlik NPrinting version: Qlik NPrinting May 2022 SR1 - Version: 22.15.5.0

Report type: QlikEntity

Output format: SKV

Destination: folder

The Qlik Sense app contains the last 24 hours of data (136 MB).

In Qlik NPrinting, each customer has its own scheduled task where a filter is applied to extract only the respective data.

Report – Customer 1 (Task execution = Completed)

Number of Rows: 2.039

Number of Columns: 45

File Size: 844 KB

Report – Customer 2 (Task execution = Failed)

Number of Rows: 140.518

Number of Columns: 45

File Size: File not generated

Note: The same data was manually exported to an Excel file from the Qlik Sense app which is the source for the Qlik NPrinting report.

The Qlik NPrinting nprinting_engine.log file shows the following messages:

[19]:Your quota limit of {0}MB was exceeded. You loaded {1}MB. Reduce your data within this application or buy additional capacity.(Export request is out of memory due to reached memory limit)

I researched in the Qlik Community, but I didn’t find anything similar that could shed some light on my problem. I assume there must be a parameter in Qlik Sense or in Qlik NPrinting that is limiting the data export on the Qlik NPrinting side.

Cycling the report or applying other filters to reduce the amount of data would be just a workaround that I would like to use before exploring the root cause and having a better understanding of what the message is about.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks and regards,

Huberto Pereira Haidemann

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Huberto
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Frank,

I did another test in our Dev environment using the same QS app and a report with 18MB was successfully generated. I thought this is an indication of a possible difference in the configuration between Dev and Prod environments. But this time, I turned my head to Qlik Sense instead of Qlik NPrinting.

When I was comparing the engine configuration for the central node on both environments (QMC -> Engines -> Central), I found the quota mentioned in the Qlik NPrinting logs. It is the Export memory limit parameter.
The Dev environment generated the report with 18MB because there was no limit (Export memory limit = -1). On the other hand, in our Prod environment, the Export memory limit was set to 1073741 bytes (1MB).
To confirm my hypothesis, I set the Export memory limit in our Dev environment to the same 1073741 bytes, and voilà, the same error happened in Dev. The Qlik NPrinting task failed and the report was not generated, as expected. The parameter was then reverted to -1 again and the report re-triggered. As a result, the report with 18MB was created again. This is the root cause of the problem.

As a solution, the parameters can be changed or a virtual proxy can be created to delegate those heavy tasks to other servers.

So, a new virtual proxy was created containing our QS scheduler servers and the central node was linked to the Proxy when configuring the virtual proxy. On the NPrinting side, the Proxy Address field in the QNP connection was changed to use the virtual proxy and that solved the issue.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Huberto

View solution in original post

7 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

@Huberto when you manually export the file from QlikSense, what size is it?

Huberto
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @David_Friend,

Thank you for your attention and sorry for my late reply, I was on vacation.

When I posted my question, the Excel file had 15MB.

Regards,

andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello @Huberto ,

How do you distribute the report from task? If you send it by email probably there's a limit dimension of attachments, if you upload into NewsStand probably use should verify the dimension limit into config file, if you upload into Sense Hub you should verify the upload limit of Sense. Try the direct saving into folder, that's no limit in file size.

Regards

Huberto
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @andregas,

Funny thing is that the file distribution is being done exactly to a folder, where it was supposed to have no limitations. Do you have another idea?

For this report, the files generated are only distributed to the folder, no e-mail, no NewsStand, nor Qlik Sense Hub are configured for this report.

Although it is not my issue, could you kindly share the respective documentation where I can find the limitations the you mentioned above? I am pretty sure I will face them soon.

Many thanks and regards,

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Huberto

You mentioned that your file is 15 MB when exported in Qlik Sense.

It is possible that there are quota limits on your network folder applied by your network administrator?  Check with your network administration team.

For NP folder distribution requirements, visit: 

For information about other 'email not sent' possibilities, feel free to review the following:

If none of the above affects you, it may be necessary to start a support case with us so that we can investigate in greater detail.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Huberto
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Frank,

I did another test in our Dev environment using the same QS app and a report with 18MB was successfully generated. I thought this is an indication of a possible difference in the configuration between Dev and Prod environments. But this time, I turned my head to Qlik Sense instead of Qlik NPrinting.

When I was comparing the engine configuration for the central node on both environments (QMC -> Engines -> Central), I found the quota mentioned in the Qlik NPrinting logs. It is the Export memory limit parameter.
The Dev environment generated the report with 18MB because there was no limit (Export memory limit = -1). On the other hand, in our Prod environment, the Export memory limit was set to 1073741 bytes (1MB).
To confirm my hypothesis, I set the Export memory limit in our Dev environment to the same 1073741 bytes, and voilà, the same error happened in Dev. The Qlik NPrinting task failed and the report was not generated, as expected. The parameter was then reverted to -1 again and the report re-triggered. As a result, the report with 18MB was created again. This is the root cause of the problem.

As a solution, the parameters can be changed or a virtual proxy can be created to delegate those heavy tasks to other servers.

So, a new virtual proxy was created containing our QS scheduler servers and the central node was linked to the Proxy when configuring the virtual proxy. On the NPrinting side, the Proxy Address field in the QNP connection was changed to use the virtual proxy and that solved the issue.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Huberto

Frank_S
Support
Support

Thank you for coming back to share your solution with the community!

Cheers!

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!