Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AjjuSid
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Enable cycle based on a condition (Measure)

Hi Experts, 

Currently using NPrinting  Apr 2020 V,  I am looking for a solution for below scenario. 

I am using enable cycle to generate the report for a list of managers (300) , while doing so I only want to generate the reports for managers who's sales (measure) exist or >1 . 

This is to reduce the time taken to run the publish task.

I tried implementing the Filter - Evaluate value option but that didn't work for me as it is still producing same number of reports, it might be I may have not implemented in correct way.

Do we need to control this from the Qlik base App or NPrinting. 

Can the experts please let me know how can we achieve this 

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

You were going in right direction with the filter but... you have chosen wrong option. Instead of evaluate value which purpose is completely different you should use advanced search filter. the filter would be:

• Field - Manager
  • Advanced Search:
    • Formula: =sum(Sales)>1

I wrote about this in my blog: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

You were going in right direction with the filter but... you have chosen wrong option. Instead of evaluate value which purpose is completely different you should use advanced search filter. the filter would be:

• Field - Manager
  • Advanced Search:
    • Formula: =sum(Sales)>1

I wrote about this in my blog: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
AjjuSid
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That worked!! I should have gone through the documentation for better understanding of various options. 

Thanks for you reply. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @AjjuSid 

Absolutely - going through documentation should be your first step before even starting development, so I am glad you recognise the need to study the manual and at the same time I am glad that this worked for you

cheers