cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanmay_bhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting: Excel Rows are not automatically resized in reports

I cannot auto-resize the cells in the Excel sheet generated via NPrinting.

I followed the same instructions as given in this article but they aren't working:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/NPrinting-Excel-Rows-are-not-automatically-r...

Please advise how to troubleshoot this issue.

My environment details are as mentioned below:

Qlik NPrinting May 2023 SR3

Version: 23.20.9.0

Qlik NPrinting 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @tanmay_bhardwaj 

As mentioned in my previous message we need to see properties which we still dont see in your screenshot. I have market them in box and labeled (1). There in that area you normally would setup how field needs to behave and for keeping excel format you would have to disable "KeepSource format" for all the columns (i marked them as (2) ) you have in template.

We dont see if you do that because you dont show us this information.

As always please refer to help site for details regarding all those properties: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Designer-pro...

cheers

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1710741903402.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @tanmay_bhardwaj 

We dont see your template so it is hard to see what you do wrong. I will just say that it works for me so it is not bug or issue with the version. 

It really depends how you built your template, how you use properties and excel settings, whether you use "Keep source format" or not...

Sharing the screeenshot of your template and a result + expected result screenshots would definitelly help (you can scramble sesitive data if there is any)

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
David_Friend
Support
Support

@tanmay_bhardwaj yes can you share some screenshots? That article should have resolved this!  Have you done any recent upgrades?

tanmay_bhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  and @David_Friend , below are the images from NPrinting Report viewer and the final XLS generated in the email. If you see the excel data (i have masked it) there is lot of white space in the cells, data in the 'Material Description' column is wrapped too.

tanmay_bhardwaj_0-1710605677123.png

tanmay_bhardwaj_1-1710605684534.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @tanmay_bhardwaj 

As mentioned in my previous message we need to see properties which we still dont see in your screenshot. I have market them in box and labeled (1). There in that area you normally would setup how field needs to behave and for keeping excel format you would have to disable "KeepSource format" for all the columns (i marked them as (2) ) you have in template.

We dont see if you do that because you dont show us this information.

As always please refer to help site for details regarding all those properties: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Designer-pro...

cheers

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1710741903402.png

tanmay_bhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for missing the details of the table. Yes, you are correct, the checkbox for 'Keep Source Formats' was selected. After I removed the checkbox and selected AutoFit Column Width and AutoFit Row Height, the cells in the excel sheet got resized. But in some of the cells where I have longer text description, the text size is automatically reduced as you can see in the screenshot below. How can I solve this problem?

tanmay_bhardwaj_0-1710744492568.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

regarding different size of font i am assuming you have set "Shrink to fit" setting. You may also disable it. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1710749079697.png

tanmay_bhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz , thanks for your reply, it solved my problem!