Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexKrah
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

NPrinting Feb 19 and QVS on different machines, no AD environment

Hi, a question regarding the installation when there is no active directory:

I have a QVS installed on a machine and plan to install NPrinting Server and Engine together on another machine.

The installation guideline says that I need a dedicated Windows Administrator User with logon as a service rights and domain user  so that I can add this user on the QVS machine like this:

"Windows user account must belong to the local QlikView Administrator group on all QVS servers used by Qlik NPrinting".

Now I don't have a domain, because not using active directory. So how can I make this work? Would it be enough to set up local windows admin users on both machines with the same name and password?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I used to set it up like this and it worked in very old NPrinitng version (17.3.1). I do not knwo if it would still work, but what i can say is that it will not be supported environment, hence if something does not work - you are on your own. You should be able to run "Local" qlikview connections but you might hit troubles setting up qvp connection to QlikView.

BTW - are you planning to connect to QlikView or Qlik Sense?

have a read in help document: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accou...

it says that user have to be a domain user..

The Windows user account must:

• Be a member of the local Windows Administrators group.
  • Be a domain user.
  • Have Log on as a service rights.
  • Only be used to run Qlik NPrinting 17 and newer services. This ensures that there are no conflicts with other Windowsservices on the same computer.

In other words - if you have no choice - just give it a go and try. Depending on what you are trying to connect it to you will face different challenges.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I used to set it up like this and it worked in very old NPrinitng version (17.3.1). I do not knwo if it would still work, but what i can say is that it will not be supported environment, hence if something does not work - you are on your own. You should be able to run "Local" qlikview connections but you might hit troubles setting up qvp connection to QlikView.

BTW - are you planning to connect to QlikView or Qlik Sense?

have a read in help document: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accou...

it says that user have to be a domain user..

The Windows user account must:

• Be a member of the local Windows Administrators group.
  • Be a domain user.
  • Have Log on as a service rights.
  • Only be used to run Qlik NPrinting 17 and newer services. This ensures that there are no conflicts with other Windowsservices on the same computer.

In other words - if you have no choice - just give it a go and try. Depending on what you are trying to connect it to you will face different challenges.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
AlexKrah
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you! It worked without any trouble. I opened the connection without qvp, used document path. The only thing that still needs to be fixed is the On-Demand Add-On - but I'm positive about it. And I didn't test E-Mail distribution yet.

I connected to QlikView 12.10. It was just for test purposes.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

OnDemand will not work for local connections-it is not aupported. Please read requirements on official help page:
You must configure these settings on your Qlik NPrinting Server:

You must have connections to your QlikView Server.
QlikView Server and QlikView Cluster connections are supported with On-Demand. Local connections are unsupported for On-Demand. See Creating connections .