Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator

NPrinting Feb 2019 - Filter issue when using value/evaluate value..

Hi,

I have NP 16.3 from which I am trying to get the .nsq file into NP Feb 2019.

I have one Qlik entity report in NP 16.3 and there is a filter defined at the report level as below with selection on

Drop Field in reduce and unlock if locked  - the value used in this filter "Nights" actually does not exist in the data

so when I try to define the same filter in NP Feb 2019 using the value is Nights my task is failing

I tried to use evaluate value Nights ; the value "Nights" may be available in the data but right now I don't have this value so how do I define a value that is not present at this moment but might show up in the future

thanks a lot

Test.png

Labels (2)
7 Replies
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

This is the error message - when I try to use evaluate value = null() tried null(), '', =''  I want to ignore the filter so that It gets everything from that field - this also not worked

Test1.png

RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

This is how I defined my filter = tried multiple options

Test3.png

when I apply the filter at the report level I get the error message - what kind of report? Qlikentity report (table box) with output format as PNG

any help is appreciated

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Filters are selections in QlikView. Before you create a filter make sure you can apply the same filter in QlikView . If it is not possible to apply filter in QlikView application dont expect it to work with NPrinting.

I don't see your report nor your qvw file. but before anything I would first try to understand following:

• what is this filter for in NPrinting 16? 
  • Why is it there
  • when applied what is the end result
  • what are the other ways of achieving the same result in terms of selections in QlikView

Once you answer above mentioned questions you will know the answer on what filter you need to apply. 

If there is a filter value which you cannot apply then obviously there is an error (as expected), just becouse this filter causes empty result hence there is no point of generating report.

If you want report to work despite filte not working I suggest you create a bridge table with values you can expect in your filter and associate it in qlikview data model to dimension you want to use this filter on.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

by the way - in one of my other comments I already pointed you to right answer. Based on your filter screeenshot you are not using OVERRIDE VALUES which Must be used to clear selections as instructed in help document.

Capture.PNG

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Lech,

Yes, I remember - when I check the override values with evaluatevalue null or null() both are working - don't get the error

what I have been trying to do is trying to use a value in filter which does not exist in the data (right now) there may be scenario it might show up in the future - for ex: xyz does not exist now but might show up so I need to create the filter for xyz which does not exist as of now - thanks a lot

=IF(Value=10,10,

IF(Value=20,20,

IF(Value=30,30,

IF(Value=40,40,

'xyz'

))))

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Instead of doing nested if condition again I suggest you build a link table in your QlikView data model and use it.

If you insist to use evaluate expression option you should first test your expression in qlikview textbox   to see what values will it return when you apply all other filters used in NPrinting. Your expression should return single value existing in datamodel.

RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

Drop field on reduce is something that is NOT available in NP Feb 2019 - may be there is a work around but I am not sure

when there is NO value inside a field used as filter it should not consider that field value and get ALL - I think this is what I am looking for in NP Feb 2019