cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkozisek5r
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting June 2019 Email non domain users

We recently upgraded to June 2019 from November 2018.  Prior to the upgrade i was able to send the report email generated through NPrinting to a few partners that are outside of our domain.  Since the upgrade I have not been able to determine what changes I need to make in order to allow these folks to continue to receive the published task.  

Is this still possible if they do not have a domain account and in turn not able to provide them section access within the application?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi.

You are mixing up 2 things here:

1. Sending emails to people from outside domain

2. Using section access

I am quite confident you can still send emails to users from outside your domain in version June 2019. The problem arises when you configure your connection to Qlik source application which has section access. There depending on connection type (QlikView [qvp or local ]or Qlik Sense) you may have different options. On Qlik Sense connections for example one of the options says ("Apply user section access for reports"). If this option is checked NPrinting uses Domain Name from users atrtibute as a login for section access, hence if your users from outside domain dont have "Domain Name" attribute populated they obviously will not get a report. On the other hand you can leave this checkbox blank and then reports are generated only based on user filters and using the account which is declared when creating NPrinting connection.

I suggest you try this first (uncheck" Apply user section access for reports") and let us know how it goes.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi.

You are mixing up 2 things here:

1. Sending emails to people from outside domain

2. Using section access

I am quite confident you can still send emails to users from outside your domain in version June 2019. The problem arises when you configure your connection to Qlik source application which has section access. There depending on connection type (QlikView [qvp or local ]or Qlik Sense) you may have different options. On Qlik Sense connections for example one of the options says ("Apply user section access for reports"). If this option is checked NPrinting uses Domain Name from users atrtibute as a login for section access, hence if your users from outside domain dont have "Domain Name" attribute populated they obviously will not get a report. On the other hand you can leave this checkbox blank and then reports are generated only based on user filters and using the account which is declared when creating NPrinting connection.

I suggest you try this first (uncheck" Apply user section access for reports") and let us know how it goes.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
bkozisek5r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you, I unchecked the user authentication on the connection and it is working.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi - this is great news that it works for you.

Just FYI and benefits of others....

the reason why it was not working for you was not an actual upgrade to June 2019 version, but the fact that someone changed NPrinitng connection settings to app by turning on section access.

Cheers!