Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howiekrauth
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting On Demand Pixel Perfect Change Report name in Export box

Hello,

I know that a report name can be changed with variables so that the name changes in the file name of the report.  However, can the name be changed within the export box?

So for the report below, the file name is "Business Review <customer name>.pdf",  but it only shows up in the export box as "Business Review."  I would like it to show up in the export box as "Business Review <customer name>".

exportboxnamechange.PNG

Thanks in advance for your help,

Howie

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@howiekrauth

If I understand your question correctly that when you say 'box' you mean the On Demand report 'box' found in the Qlik Sense hub.

If so, I did look into this for you and can state that what you are asking for is not possible. The report 'box' takes the name of the report in the NP Web Console regardless if it has dynamic naming as one of its attributes. This attribute get applied when inserting a report for distribution in a Publish Task.

However you might be able to leverage a Qlik Sense Container object and insert multiple On Demand report objects and connect each object to their respecfive NPrinting reports in the NP Web Console. Then depending on your requirement, use a conditional statement to show which report button should appear.

You would need to create multiple copies of the same report in the NP web console with the name that you want the end use to view and execute and depending on how you define your show conditional statement. Clearly this method may not be ideal ...however it is a possible solution to meet your requirement.

(You can use the report export method to create multiple copies of the same report. Just append v1, v2, v3 etc to the imported copies. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Import-expo...).

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
howiekrauth
Author

Frank,

Really appreciate the response.  With 10,000 + customers, this would not be an option in my case.

I was hoping to change something in the "view-popup.html" file, which we have changed in our own custom on-demand extension in order to remove a button, or the "view-main-single.html", which we changed to create a red background for the button.

But it seems this is not possible. 

Thanks again!

Frank_S
Support
Support

I thought that may be the case @howiekrauth but I thought I'd throw the idea out there anyway.

Check out the NP API library at the link below. Perhaps there is something there you can use to customize your requirement into a solution.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!