Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whiteside
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting - PPT Failed Image Export -

Hello All,

I have been working with NPrinting for a while now. And so far I succesfully managed to create an Excel Report with Tables.

Now I wanted to try out an Image export in either Excel or PowerPoint (preferably PowerPoint) but every time if I try to simply load a Picture I get the following two error Messages. In another thread I read that this could be because of an older Nprinting version but my Qlik Guys confirmed that we use the NOV 18 Version.

Any Ideas what I could have done wrong?

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Whiteside

April 23, 2019 11:46:52 AM Warn WARN: error during report generation: Object NVwjtpD of Sense app 271a84d5-48d3-4fd0-a8db-cb7f8d895f3e failed to render. ERROR: CEF rendering exception. GRPC rendering request failed. ERROR: System.Exception: request with id 081f8f49bf704cd59ad0b2c9d23f0c08 failed with remote error ErrorGenericResult at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServer.StreamGrpcRequestAndWait(SnapshotRequest request, RequestMapParameters rmp, Int32 timeout, Int32& renderTime) at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServer.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<Render>b__0() at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServer.KeepGrpcAlive[T](Func`1 code)

and

April 23, 2019 11:46:52 AM Warn Failed generation of report 83dd5c8f-5881-4e93-8c37-735022544cf1 for user bd480f27-9027-4a50-971d-9c53e3770164. ERROR: Object NVwjtpD of Sense app 271a84d5-48d3-4fd0-a8db-cb7f8d895f3e failed to render. ERROR: CEF rendering exception. GRPC rendering request failed. ERROR: System.Exception: request with id 081f8f49bf704cd59ad0b2c9d23f0c08 failed with remote error ErrorGenericResult at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServer.StreamGrpcRequestAndWait(SnapshotRequest request, RequestMapParameters rmp, Int32 timeout, Int32& renderTime) at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServer.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<Render>b__0() at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServer.KeepGrpcAlive[T](Func`1 code)

2019-04-23 14_38_25-Window.png

2019-04-23 14_44_41-Window.png

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

A few possibilities here:

• Open the app in the Qlik Sense hub, find the failing object and then right click on the Object (chart in this case) and export it as an image. Do you have any issues doing so. If yes, then it could be an export issue within Qlik Sense itself. If no issue exporting the image via the QS hub, go to the next bullet point below
  • Do you have any 'if' expressions in your chart? If yes, note the following as a known limitation of NPrinting at this time. This is mentioned in more recent product release notes versions of NPrinting. See "known limitations" section.

" Qlik Sense tables with conditionally shown columns have limited functionality Jira issue ID: OP-7747"
"The following functionalities are not supported for Qlik Sense tables that have a 'Show column if' condition set on one or more of their columns: Levels, single column export, and keep source formats." 

• If both bullet points above do not apply, then you can attempt to modify your NP config file to update connectivity timeout settings and retest. See article following for details. This will need to be done by your NPrinting server administrator https://support.qlik.com/articles/000056332
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
whiteside
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Frank,

thanks for your reply,

I checked first two options and I could successfully export the chart as a picture and I also have no IF clause in my chart.

I will talk with our admins about your third suggestions. Thanks again for the quick reply.

Best regards

Whiteside