cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Romanwww
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Report couldn't be fixed after Connection removing

When Connection is removed, the Report, related to this connection, is no longer available for editing.

Is it possible to make Connection2Report node changeable in future releases?

Romanwww_0-1648453541310.png

Labels (2)
11 Replies
CosminaBICS
Contributor II
Contributor II

Important request to be implemented

romansysyuk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Faced with the same issue.

It's strange for me that it behaves like this.

Why can't we just make Connection changeable in a Report form?

krishPal24
Contributor II
Contributor II

Yes, report should be editable to change connection to new report when old one is removed by accident. Otherwise re-building the report and re-linking in all the places is time consuming!!

DanielleBICS
Contributor
Contributor

Important request to be implemented

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is already possible:

1. open the template in the Designer
  2. remove the object from the old connection
  3. add the object with the same id from the new connection

Do not invert point no.2 with no.3 otherwise the ID of the object will be changed by adding an underscore "_" followed by a progressive number. Is it not possible to do a mass change of object connections.

Please note also that when removing a connection used by some other entities you get a huge warning message with the complete list of the Qlik NPrinting Entities that are using the connection. So I suggest to first update those entities and then remove the connection.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Romanwww
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

unfortunately it is not possible to do what you've advised - template editor is just not opening but giving an error mentioned above.

Your remark about huge warning message is fair in case you remove Connection manually. In my case it doesn't work since a Connection was removed automatically (without any warnings) due to release via WIP. The removed Connection had the same name as the released one. But this is different story for a different discussion.

MarisLiepinsQlik
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Please make a Connection to the Report changeable(editable) in the Report form in next release.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Romanwww ,

It is not clear to me the meaning of "Connection was removed automatically (without any warnings) due to release via WIP". How can be a connection removed automatically? Via API you cannot delete a connection https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=20#Connections, The only way to delete a connection is manually and it displays the warning message. What am I missing?

About the Designer issue on opening a template that uses objects from a deleted connection please open a support ticket with a link to this conversation. A developer have to check the issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Romanwww
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli, thank you for quick response.

I see two questions in your latest answer:

1) Deleting connection.

I can't give you more then I mentioned above:

a) WIP is using for the releases NEW : Qlik NPrinting Source Control & Deployment available;

b) During the release an existed Connection with the same name, as it was in released Connection, was removed;

2) Designer issue.

I'll create a ticket, thanks.

But! None of these two points give me an answer to the question I asked at the very beginning: 

- Is it possible to make Connections changeable in a Report form at future releases?