Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digvijay_Singh

NPrinting Sep 2018 Powerpoint template-How to skip specific slides for some of the page field values

Hi,

We are planning to develop dynamic solution where it will be possible to input(via script/SQL table) which of the slides need to be skipped for some customers(cycle field).

It is quite possible to do if there is no paging in power point template but if slides need to be paged for each location for a client, the slide skipping logic looks quite impossible. 

If each slide has individual paging field created through script, it works but order of execution is not helpful. First it creates Slide 1 for all locations, then slide 2 for all locations etc. Our need is to generate Slide 1-10 for location 1 and then again Slide 1-10(skip 7) for location 2.

Has anyone tried this before? Any kind of input is highly appreciated

Thanks,

DJ

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I do not see anything in API what can be used. We need to set it up in NPrinting designer.

I was thinking about concatenated  entity for page node. so a table with combination location and your "skip_slide_flag". At the moment i have no environment to test it on, but  think it might be difficult. I can get back to you with this later (once i get back on my windows machine).

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Please check this https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Paging-metada/m-p/1548284#M22708
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Cycles creates a different PowerPoint file for each distinct value of the cycled fields.

No, with table box all slides from 6 to 11 will be generated. I don't know a way to remove slide number 7 based on a condition. 

If the TB contains values A, B and C you will have the slides 6-11 for A, B and C. Then if you reload the QlikView document so the TB contains the values A and C you will have the slides 6-11 for values A and C. In all cases you will have all slides from 6 to 11.

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

14 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Do you mean that you will not generate some slides at all? If so - that is not possible

EDIT - i stated above without checking it on recent NPrinting version - i will test it again and let you know how i go...

Digvijay_Singh
Author

YEs, I could create the solution using new data tables in the script(attached) and using new fields for each slide in the paging. I made values null in script for the locations I don't need slide.

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Image of data table and paging node attached.

Digvijay_Singh
Author

The last hurdle is the order of slides. Existing report has only one page field and it pages thru all 6 slides. Now since I added paging for each slide. It generates slide 1 for all the location values and then slide 2 for all the values.

Any idea what can be done to rearrange slide orders, is it possible to do something through Nprinting API once it generates response to change the order?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I do not see anything in API what can be used. We need to set it up in NPrinting designer.

I was thinking about concatenated  entity for page node. so a table with combination location and your "skip_slide_flag". At the moment i have no environment to test it on, but  think it might be difficult. I can get back to you with this later (once i get back on my windows machine).

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Thanks Lech for the guidance. Our main challenge currently is, having multiple slides per location, and we need to keep all those slides together. Two level paging is not allowed in powerpoint else I could have paged each slide on slide flag and used location field as higher level paging.

Looks like skipping slide is only possible if each slide has paging field, which is not helping to keep all slides per location together. Using slide flag as page field in each slide generates Slide 1 for all location and then Slide 2 for all location so on and so forth. We need to create multiple slide for one location and then need to move forward to another location.

Thanks again for your time and help.

DJ,

Digvijay_Singh
Author

I think I misunderstood your idea of table creation for page node. I could never do it. I did try in the past but I could never find the created table object in page node. I read one article on multi level paging in qlikview in powerpoint template using table box object. Also read that it applies to Qlik Sense as well but I don't see table object when right click on page node and select add object.
Is there something specific to be done while creating table in Qlik Sense?
Thanks!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Please check this https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Paging-metada/m-p/1548284#M22708
Digvijay_Singh
Author

Thanks! Will try if it can help in any way to solve my situation!