Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting Server upgrade from16 SR4 to 16 SR5

Hi All,

I am going to upgrade NPrinting Server 16 SR4 to 16 SR5 in our production environment.

Please let me know the steps to follow before start upgrade of NPrinting server?

Thanks in Advance

Saranya A.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gs_victa_nl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Saranya,

Just download the install files, stop the NPrinting Service and run both of the installation files. In normal circumstances you don't have to restart the server. After installation, start the NPrinting Service from the Services menu or in the NPrinting Server Management Console.

Kind regards, Gerald

View solution in original post

5 Replies
gs_victa_nl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Saranya,

Just download the install files, stop the NPrinting Service and run both of the installation files. In normal circumstances you don't have to restart the server. After installation, start the NPrinting Service from the Services menu or in the NPrinting Server Management Console.

Kind regards, Gerald

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gerald...

Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Gerald

We recently upgraded from 16.4 to 16.6 and lost on-demand functionality. It gives us below error. Does the upgrade installer overwrites OSD config file. We checked that port 9000/9001/443 all are reachable from client to server. We made sure that QVW can produce report within Nprinting server. All the permissions are taken care off. It just doesn't work when end user tries running on-demand. Gives below error. When we check log, we don't see any activity for on-demand.

Nprinting on demand service error. Please check if NPrinting service is reachable

gs_victa_nl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Mohmed,

Dammit, that is a pitty. I've encounterd a view more of these problems. I would suggest you downgrade from 16.6 to 16.4. I'am having the same problem with an installation on NPrinting 16.7.

Kind regards, Gerald

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hey guys - took us awhile we eventually remembered the "alternative extension path" setting in the QlikView QMC.  The NPrinting 16 on-demand installer does not automatically update that location.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView-Server/QVSRM_In...

The setting is usually used in a cluster.  The desktop extensions always worked but even after copying the extensions to the default extension path about 100 times , we eventually copied to the alternate path as well and boom.

QlikView Server

For the QlikView Server cluster to work properly, it is important to set System>Setup>QVS resource>Folders>Root Folder to a common shared folder. In addition, Alternate Temporary Files Folder Path must be set to a common shared folder (separate from the root folder).

If extensions are used, it simplifies management if Alternate Extension Path is set to a common shared folder.

It is also common practice to set System>Setup>QVS resource>Logging>Log Folder to a common place, but this is not strictly necessary.