Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
contributor_H
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Task Completed but Email not Received

Hello everyone,

Appreciate your help with the below

I'm using Qlik NPrinting February 2021 SR1 (Version: 21.0.2.0) I have a report that I believe its size is proximity 25MB (I got this size when manually downloading the data from Qlik Sense), I don't have any issues with Users/groups, Destinations, and Email message, because I have already tasks scheduled and are working fine, but with this specific report when the task is completed I'm not receiving it by email, any help?

hadiana_0-1700043242309.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
contributor_H
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

After further troubleshooting I figured the issue was due to the large file size, I couldn't find the configuration of limit attachment size (if it exists) in NPrinting.

I solved the issue by separating the report by filtering it into two parts.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @contributor_H 

Before posting new question please invest time to:

Anyway: 

With the information you have given us we have not much to add to what is already said in the links I have provided. If that is not enough and you would like to troubleshoot more then you need to provide us with description of your problem so we can replicate all steps same way as you have configured your report distribution. We are not there with you so we can only rely on information you provide us with. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
kallay
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

Maybe the SMTP server has limit to received file sizes and 25mb is to big.

Have Fun!

contributor_H
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks,    for replying, before posting the question I searched a lot on the community but none of the answers were helpful, I'm using Outlook as an email server and the default attachment size is 20MB I will further check the issue and update the thread.

Frank_S
Support
Support

It is probably being blocked by the email server as suggested above.

The NP scheduler log will confirm this with SMTP 537 or similar errors. Your NP admin (if you are not the NP admin) can look at that log for you)

In any case, you will need to speak to your email administrator if you need larger email files allowed through the email server.

This and other reasons are covered here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/NPrinting-No-Email-Will-Be-Sent-or-Emails-No...

Kind regards,

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
contributor_H
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

After further troubleshooting I figured the issue was due to the large file size, I couldn't find the configuration of limit attachment size (if it exists) in NPrinting.

I solved the issue by separating the report by filtering it into two parts.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @contributor_H 

just to be clear - this is not NPrinting limit (unless your report was over 512MB) - it is your SMTP (mail server) limit which you would have to discuss with your email server admin.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
contributor_H
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech_Miszkiewicz,

As I checked with our admin the limit is 50MB, but I'm not sure why I'm not getting file of 25MB, by the way, we have already reports that exceeds that limit (up to 30MB but they are multiple files of around 2 MB that are combined in one mail).

However when I separated the report into 2 parts the limit was half and now I'm getting the email, I'm getting 2 emails for the report. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The internal Qlik NPrinting limitation of 512MB is for a single report but you could have how many reports you want under that size attached to an email. Qlik NPrinting has not a size limit or a configuration parameter on the email maximum size. It is always a setting of the SMTP server.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @contributor_H 

You say limit is 50MB per whole email I presume. Size of attachement as I mentioned before can be verified by running the same reports to folder location, but also when talking to your admins you can ask them to check their logs as they would excatly see that NPrinting tried to send report but couldn't and they can advise you what the problem is and whether email you are trying to send will go through SMTP relay. 

I am glad you have workaroud but maybe you dont need to send 2 emails? Maybe your admins can give you more flexible solution?

cheers