Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nesawant
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting engine remains offline

Hi All,

NPrinting engine remains offline & status does not change to online. I checked the logs & below error appears in scheduler logs:

Exception caught        Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.ServiceException: Lef File Server Unreachable

I have activated the license offline & it says activation successful.

Has anyone encountered this error before?

Best Regards,

Neha

Labels (2)
14 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

Was it an upgrade to Qlik NPrinting November 2018 or a fresh install? Has it ever worked before? 

I don't think the error message you see is causing the problem. I think it's just a check failing at the service startup.

If you go to the WebConsole -> Admin -> Engine Manager and Edit the configuration for your engine, do you see a text box at the bottom asking to enter the Password for the certificate private key?

Thanks!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
nesawant
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Bastien,

This is a fresh installation & it never worked.

I see  a text box at the bottom asking to enter the Password for the certificate private key on web console.

But when I enter the password, I get below screen

Capture.PNG

I get this error sometimes & sometimes it says certificate sent successfully. Engine still remains offline.

I checked all above mentioned parameters & they seem right. I am using server name without domain as suggested in other posts.

Any idea what is causing this issue or where shall I look into.

Best Regards,

Neha

rubenmarin

Hi, have you checked to follow all steps in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2018/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing...

Maybe it has something to do with step 10, this is somewhat new, I haven't installed yet any server that requires that step (last one was in june version), but it seems it's asking for that password.
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

I would suggest the following steps:

• Uninstall Qlik NPrinting Engine and remove it from the WebConsole -> Admin -> Engine Manager
  • As the Service account go to -> MMC -> Certificates -> My User Account -> Personal Certificates
  • Make sure the certificate called client_engine is not there. (if it is, remove it)
  • Reinstall the Qlik NPrinting Engine
  • Check the engine logs it should stop at something like: 

Qlik.NPrinting.Engine 18.39.6.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.EngineService 20190109T111811.187+01:00 INFO QLIKSERVER3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Starting up Engine service
Qlik.NPrinting.Engine 18.39.6.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.EngineService 20190109T111811.469+01:00 INFO QLIKSERVER3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Certificates exchange HTTP server listening on http://localhost:4997/

• Go to Webconsole -> Admin -> Engine Manager, add your engine and enter the certificate password
  • In the engine logs you should see something like: 

Qlik.NPrinting.Engine 18.39.6.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.EngineService 20190109T112533.798+01:00 INFO QLIKSERVER3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Starting RabbitMQ connection using certificate E7BAD4E2CD29F8B742EB2B1766C224948E109755
Qlik.NPrinting.Engine 18.39.6.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.EngineConsumer 20190109T112537.370+01:00 INFO QLIKSERVER3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Starting Engine Consumer
Qlik.NPrinting.Engine 18.39.6.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.EngineConsumer 20190109T112537.981+01:00 INFO QLIKSERVER3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Engine Consumer started successfully
Qlik.NPrinting.Engine 18.39.6.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.EngineService 20190109T112538.156+01:00 INFO QLIKSERVER3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Slave Engine Service started successfully

Could you also make sure to disable your antivirus and check if you have any Proxy configured on your machine to make sure nothing interfers the communication between the Engine, RabbitMQ and Scheduler? 

Hope this helps!!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
nesawant
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

It is asking for password & when I enter password & click submit, it says certificate sent successfully. But engine still remains offline.

Best Regards,
Neha
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

Could you try the following steps:

• Uninstall Qlik NPrinting Engine
  • Remove the Engine in the WebConsole -> Admin -> Engine Manager
  • As the Service Account, go to MMC -> My User Account -> Personal -> Certificates
  • Make sure the certificate called client_engine is not there (if it is, remove it)
  • Reinstall QlikNprinting Engine
  • Once the installation is done the latest entries in the Engine logs should look like

Starting up Engine service			
Certificates exchange HTTP server listening on http://localhost:4997/	
  • Go to the WebConsole -> Admin -> Engine Manager 
  • Add your engine and enter the certificate password
  • If sent successfully, check in MMC -> My User Account -> Personal -> Certificates that the certificate client_engine has been created
  • In the engine logs, you should see those new entries
Starting RabbitMQ connection using certificate E7BAD4E2CD29F8B742EB2B1766C224948E109755			
Starting Engine Consumer			
Engine Consumer started successfully			
Slave Engine Service started successfully			

In addition, could you make sure to disable any antivirus and make sure that you have no proxy enabled on the machine to make sure nothing is interfering? 

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
nesawant
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Bastien,

Can you please explain what is MMC & how do I get to it?

Best Regards,

Neha

rubenmarin

To open mmc press [windows key]+R to open execute panel, type 'mmc' (without quotes) and press enter.

In File->add/remove components add 'certificate' and select 'personal account' in the next dialog, accept.

nesawant
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Bastien,

I don't see a certificate called client_engine, I can see below certificate. Not sure if its same.

NPrinting engine.PNG

When I follow steps given by you, my engine log does not show below two entries

Starting Engine Consumer
Engine Consumer started successfully

After Starting RabbitMQ connection using certificate it directly shows Slave Engine Service started successfully

Best regards,

Neha