Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

NPrinting final report using excel filters

Hi all,

I am using NPrinting 17, I use a qlik table and I need at the final excel report that I am sending via email the user has the option to filter that table by Region. How can I connect my table with excel filters?

Regards,

Eleni

11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

apologies but I don't understand your question.

What does it mean excel filter? When the report gets to end user in Excel form it is just excel file - there is no link back to qlik or nprinting - it is just excel!

So now, what are you asking? Are you asking how to turn on filter in Excel Table?

1.png

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

To be clear: I need to create a pivot table in excel using data from qlik next to that pivot I need to create a filter field which gets data from qlik (Region) and give to the user the option to filter the pivot. Region is not a pivot column.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Eleni

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well in this case you need to create a table  in Qlik which will contain also region in it as you then need to slice and dice it by region in excel. The output from Qlik to Excel needs to be a SINGLE TABLE with all fields required for filters, columns, rows, slicers etc... for your pivot table

The second part is simple excel exercise to build pivot table from the source table.

Go throught the topics below.

nprinting Excel with Pivot

Nprinting Pivot report Filter issue

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank you for your help. That's exactly what I need to create. I have created the table, convert it in excel pivot, create the slicer but when I am trying to run the task to see results the task fails with Warn Failed report generation for report ... exception System.Exception: unknown: STACK: . Any idea?

Regards,

Eleni

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We have to few information:

- what version of Qlik NPrinting are you using?

- could you share a screenshot of your template?

- could you share the complete logs of the error?

- did you followed these instructions step by step https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/ExcelReports/Pivot-table-Excel.htm?

- did you added filters to the report? what happens if you remove the filters?

- if you add only the Excel table, witout creating the pivot, and you run a preview will it work correctlly?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Qlik NPrinting version is 17 November 2017. I recreate the connection and the System. Exception: unknown: STACK: resolved, but the report created empty. Then I tried to remove slicers and the report created successfully. Any ideas why slicers causinfg issues and how I can resolve them?

Regards,

Eleni

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If adding or removing an Excel feature creates and remove the error I suggest you open a support ticket and ask them to investigate if it is a bug.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

did you follow all the steps from this topic - which i also mentioned above in my previous comments?

nprinting Excel with Pivot

There was similar issue and <deleterow> tag resolved it...

eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Yes, I have tried it as well with no luck.

It seems like there are some issues with formats because when I am trying to open the excel file it gives me that error "We found a problem with some content in 'Pivot.xls'. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook click Yes. ". When I click Yes it opens with zero data in some columns.

Regards,

Eleni