Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaureDenivelle
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting reports to SharePoint

Hi

I read several topics on the community to manage to deposit a report on a sharepoint server but still I didn't manage to do it 😞 

I'm using Npriting May 2021 Version: 21.14.3.0.

I created a new team via TEAMS and grant the nprinting service account all access.

LaureDenivelle_0-1632301319716.png

Now I need NPrinting to publish a report in the file part so I have copied the link here : 

LaureDenivelle_1-1632302703628.png

I transformed it to UNC path : 

FROM https://mysite.sharepoint.com/sites/testnprinting/Documents%20partages/General

TO \\mysite.sharepoint.com\sites\testnprinting\Documents partages\General\NPRINTING\

Here is my NPrinting folder :

LaureDenivelle_3-1632301968102.png

Here are my NPrinting services :

LaureDenivelle_2-1632301599925.png

After task execution :

LaureDenivelle_0-1632302607019.png

What am I missing please ☹️??

Regards

Laure

Qlik NPrinting 

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

One more thing - When you put your Unc path: \\mysite.sharepoint.com\sites\testnprinting\Documents partages\General\NPRINTING\

into windows explorer when logged on as NPrinting service account do you get an access straight away or do you get a prompt to provide credentials?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

@LaureDenivelle

This is the same issue that is resolved as per another recent community discussion here (which is also in alignment with the responses above)

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Did you RDP as NPrinitng service account to NPrinitng server and tried to access that path from windows explorer?

Were you able to do it?

Were you able to write files to this location using that account ?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
LaureDenivelle
Author

Hi 

I manage to connect and deposit files on the sharepoint : 

LaureDenivelle_1-1632305911347.png

Regards

Laure

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That does not matter - showing us an interface of sharepoint does not mean anything.

You must be able to read/write/overwrite using windows explorer and the UNC path. So RDP to NPrinting server and try that. If you will be able to store file onto Sharepoint using windows explorer then NPrinting will be able to write to it too...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

One more thing - When you put your Unc path: \\mysite.sharepoint.com\sites\testnprinting\Documents partages\General\NPRINTING\

into windows explorer when logged on as NPrinting service account do you get an access straight away or do you get a prompt to provide credentials?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting has not a direct integration to publish reports on Microsoft SharePoint directly. I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz , the Windows user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Scheduler Windows service must has rights to write on the shared folder.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@LaureDenivelle

This is the same issue that is resolved as per another recent community discussion here (which is also in alignment with the responses above)

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
LaureDenivelle
Author

Indeed we don't have access via this link.

We are currently looking into it.

thanks !

LaureDenivelle
Author

HI

So after giving an office licence to my nprinting service and then created a onedrive link in windows explorer we finally manage to make it work.

Add shortcut to OneDriveAdd shortcut to OneDrive

LaureDenivelle_1-1632729484468.png

UNC format => /Users/svc_nprinting/AEGIDE/test nprinting - Documents/General

And it works.

Thanks for your answers.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the solution with the community.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.