cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jharke
Creator
Creator

NPrinting sequence of saving in a folder

With one task we place one cycled ExcelReport in a folder. The cycle contains seven persons. The files in the folder are named 'Filename_person1' and 'Filename_person2' etc. During the day, each person is updating his Excelfile. Overnight the changes are loaded in Qlikview + updated with data from some applications and via NPrinting put back on the folder locations.

Sometimes one person (let's say person nr 3 ) does not close his Excelfile when he goes home. When NPrinting tries to save the Excelreports in the folder, nr 1 and 2 are saved. But then NPrinting finishes the task when it tries to save 'Filename_person 3' with this error: 

Impossible to save report in folder "\\Folder\...". ERROR: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

In NPrinting 16, after the error about the report nr 3,  it continues with nr4 to 7. So only the persons who did not 'do their job correctly' are 'punished'. But it seems that in NP19 also 'innocent' persons would be punished...

--> Is it possible to let NP19 continue its process when an error occurs (in this case: pass by person 3).

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, Qlik NPrinting 19 at the moment is working as you described. I opened an improvement suggestion based on your post. I don't know when it will be added, when it will I'll add a comment here. At the same time you could keep under control the Release Notes of new versions.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, Qlik NPrinting 19 at the moment is working as you described. I opened an improvement suggestion based on your post. I don't know when it will be added, when it will I'll add a comment here. At the same time you could keep under control the Release Notes of new versions.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.