Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katherine_flore
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

NewsStands Preview's Quality

Hi everyone,

I configured a task to publish reports in the NewsStand, in this task I used the "Quality" in "Very high"

clipboard_image_1.png

I ran the task and the report is published in the NewsStand, the shown quality is "Very High"

clipboard_image_4.png

When I see the preview of the report the quality of the images is very bad

clipboard_image_0.png

But when I downloaded the report, the quality is good.

clipboard_image_3.png

Is there some way to configure the NewsStands Preview's Quality? Can I see the report in the Preview with very hight quality?

Thanks in advance!

Katherine.

Labels (1)
9 Replies
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello Katherine,

Are you using Qlik Sense or QlikView with Qlik NPrinting?

Do you have any zoom settings set on your PC? Qlik NPrinting Designer will only work with 100%, however, Microsoft sometimes changes this value by default.

You can check this by doing a search on the "Zoom" feature or by checking your Display settings.

Please note you will need to reboot the Server/Workstation after making this change.

If this has helped solve your issue please mark as the "Solution."

Regards,
Eva
katherine_flore
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Eva, 

Thanks for your response.

I'm using Qlik Sense with NPrinting.

I don't have any zoom settings because I'm working in a virtual server that doesn't have video driver.

In the link that you send me, I see a note that specify that if I'm doing a remote desktop connection I need to update my local laptop operating system display settings/advanced scaling settings to 100 percent, I did apply this and restart my computer but the result is the same.

Do you have any other solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Katherine.

Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello Katherine,

Does this occur on an end user PC? In other words are you able to install the Qlik NPrinting Designer locally and then view the Preview from any other workstation besides the Virtual Server?

What is the Operating System of the Virtual Server?

Thank you,

Eva

Lech_Miszkiewicz

This issue has nothing to do with your designer, nor quality of the report produced.

As you said once you download a pdf (or whatever file you are creating) from News Stand and you open it localy the quality is good.

This is the NewsStand web client preview/rendering issue. I experienced it as well and I have seen it on all versions so far. There is no workaround I am aware of. 

I compare this isse to behaviour of MsOutlook which can allow you to preview excel files within Web Outlook client. It is also blury  and quality is bad!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
katherine_flore
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Eva_B ,

I did the test on my local machine, I installed Qlik NPrinting Designer (April 2019) and the result is the same. 
The Operating System is Windows Server 2016.

As @Lech_Miszkiewicz   comments, Could the problem be NewsStand's web client preview/rendering ?

Thanks for your help!

Katherine

Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello @katherine_flore -

Just to make you aware I am checking with my colleagues on the Qlik NPrinting NewsStand Preview Quality.

I realize with NPrinting Designer there are some settings that should not be used so wanted to see if there were any other options as far as the Display goes when using NewsStand.

Once I have some feedback I will post here.

Thank you,

Eva

katherine_flore
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Eva_B 

I really appreciate your help, thank you very much

I'll be waiting for your response

Regards,

Katherine

francescoreggia
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

@Eva_B  update about this post?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

What version are you using? This post is related to September 2019, so the first step is to update to latest version (November 2020) to be sure you are not experiencing a solved bug. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.