Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senor_Dai
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Nprint Licence Expired - Cant login to update

Hi,

Our Nprint licence has just expired.   I have a new one but when I try to login to the nprint web console it doesnt accept my admin credentials.

Any advice on how to login and update?  

Thanks,

Senor Dai

Labels (2)
11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you using Windows AD (NTLM) logon method or NPrinting authentication with nprinting admin email and password set during setup. Maybe provide steps with screenshots and check logs as well (WebEngine logs) - there you should get info of what is going wrong.

Also - main thing - what is the version of software you are using?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Senor_Dai
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

HI @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thanks for looking at this.

Im logging in using Widows AD Authentication

The webengine logs are showing this :
Windows login failed. The user could not be associated to their Windows security identifier (sid).

But the login credentials work fine for RDP etc and logging into QLikview for example.

We are using version Feb 2021 

Ive also attached two screen shots to show what happens when I try to login

Thanks again

Dai

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Senor_Dai 

You may need to logon using NPrinting login. Since you site is unlicensed it may not be associating your user profile which contains info about your domain account.  That is only my assumption and by understanding the log message this is what actually happens. 

So use the NPrinting authentication using the email address and password which was setup during environment setup (same as when you logon for the first time to NPrinting after installation).

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
David_Friend
Support
Support

@Senor_Dai  did you ever get this working

Senor_Dai
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

hi @David_Friend - thanks so much for the reply to the thread.  Ive tried @Lech_Miszkiewicz suggestion of using the email/password when we installed NPrint but no luck there.  Do you have any suggestions as getting very desperate now.  Is there anything in the config files I can look at?

thanks again

Dai

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you configured the SMTP and url of your Qlik NPrinting installation you can retrieve the password by using the Forgot password link in the bottom of the login form.

Qlik NPrinting credentials, email and password, are for Qlik NPrinting only, they are the ones you configured when you created the user and are not the same of RDP or QlikView. There always is a Qlik NPrinting user with Administrator role because the UI doesn't let you to delete all users with that role.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Senor_Dai
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli  - thanks also for your reply.  Ive tried the 'forgotten password' with numerous accounts but not receiving any reset emails.

The email service is running as I receive task execution notifications

Is there any way to find out the Admin user details?

Dai

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The way to find users with Administrator role is described in the conversation https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/No-Administration-role-in-Nprinting/td-p/19...

After finding the administrator user use the password recover to retrieve its credentials if you forgot them. If you don't receive the email with the password recovery link, check the spam folder and your SMTP errors. Remember that Qlik NPrinting must be configured in advance to be able to send that email, so ask to the person who installed/configured it if the SMTP server is working and the URL set.

Please start by creating a backup of your installation and, if you are not familiar with PostgreSQL, open a support ticket because doing something wrong in the Repository could result in a not working installation so it is very dangerous.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

Does NPrinting work (reset passwords etc) when license is not applied? 

This is the case in this topic so I am not sure if that still applies to this?

cheers

Lech