Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Nprinting 16 - Use network drive for qvw

Hello,

I have a dedicated Nprinting 16 Server and I want to use .qvw which are located on a remote Qlikview server.

I have tried to define the configuration for the .qvw to a network drive letter but in the log, Nprinting Server tells that it cannot access the file.

Is it normal ?  what can I do ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Network drivers mapped to a letter are not supported by Windows in session zero. This is the reason why you cannot access your QVWs.

The only solution is to use Universal Naming Convention (UNC) paths, so something like \\ServerName\Folder\Something.qvw

If you have a QlikView Server of course you can use QVP.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

are you able to access the network shared folder using your nprint server user ID. if not 1) try to get network folder access for the nprint user, 2) amap drive test 3) define network path at report connection string.like below thread .

Nprinting 16 network share drive

mangalsk
Creator III
Creator III

Hello ,

First you need to map remote drives where you have qvds on server where nprinting is running and then take it

image242
Creator
Creator

Good morning. 

We found that using the full UNC path is the way to go. Example \\server\c$\nprinting folder\123.qvw. Also make sure the service account you're using to run nprinting has full access to the folder where the qvw lives. 

Jason

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would suggest to use qvp connection instead and use a server name. That will boost performance and would be more stable solution

cheers

Lech

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
image242
Creator
Creator

One thing to note about using qvp: If you're using nPrinting 17 with QlikView 11.20, QVP doesn't work well.

Jason

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Jason - I have to disagree with you as i am using it in such configuration. I have created many setups with NP17 and QV 11.2 and ALL - absolutly ALL of them work.

The other thing is that you have to follow ALL requirements which are clearly listed in Qlik Help document - otherwise your connection will be unstable.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Lech,

Glad it works well for you on 11.2. I've always had issues so I've used UNC paths. Guess I'll have to revisit that.

Thanks,

Jason

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Network drivers mapped to a letter are not supported by Windows in session zero. This is the reason why you cannot access your QVWs.

The only solution is to use Universal Naming Convention (UNC) paths, so something like \\ServerName\Folder\Something.qvw

If you have a QlikView Server of course you can use QVP.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.