Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holynumbers
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting 17.2.3 How to create a XLSM

Hi,

I've used a .xlsm template when creating the report, but I can't preview it as a xlsm (the option doesn't exist) and I'm not available to select this format as a task either.

What should I do?

I really want to use slicers in my file, but I think I need a .xlsm file for that to work properly. It cant use slicers in .xlsx previews or exports....

/John

8 Replies
woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

You can’t use the macro functionality in the nprinting designer or preview. But you can use a template with macro functionality.
You can distribute your Excel with full functionalities.

Wouter

holynumbers
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

That doesn't work.

Even if the template I use is a .xlsm the export is a .xlsx and there is no macro code in the file.

cristinapo
Contributor III
Contributor III

I'm dealing with this same issue.

I'm curious if anyone has any workaround.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

at the moment (stable version is September 2017) XLSM (and all other types of Office documents with macros) is not supported by Qlik NPrinting 17.*. For example you cannot set XLSM as output format of a generated report.

Qlik NPrinting 16.* supports Office macros, so you can create a template in XLSM format and set XLSM as output format. Qlik NPrinting 16.* NEVER executes the VBA code of macros while creating the final reports for security reasons. Qlik NPrinting 16.* just copys the VBA code from the XLSM template to the XLSM generated report. When the user opens the report he can run the macros or you can associate them with the opening event.

We don't know when when this gap between 16 and 17 will be filled.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Stephen_Jasionowski

.xlsm as an output will be part of the September 2018 release

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi @Stephen_Jasionowski, @Ruggero_Piccoli,

I'm aware that the XLSM output possibility is there since September 2018, but what about saving VBA code in the current Excel template. My VBA code disappears when saving my template and without it, XLSM as an output is a bit useless. Is there a way to get around this?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Frank_S
Support
Support

@JordyWegman 

It appears this issue is resolved in Sept. 2020 (and newer) releases of NPrinting.

See attached release notes and Jira issue ID: OP-9399.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi, 

Please avoid to comment a 3 years old conversation, start a new one labeled with the correct version of Qlik NPrinting you are using instead, thanks.

You have to :

1. Locally create an .xlsm file and save it
  2. Create a new Qlik NPrinting Excel template
  3. Upload the just created .xlsm as custom template
  4. Continue to edit in Qlik NPrinting

You can also refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIq_MtTpBL8

By default Qlik NPrinting creates an .xlsx file when you create a new Excel template and .xlsx cannot contain VBA bode.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.