cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nprinting 18 Designer can't open in local user pc

Hi,

I've installed Nprinting 18 on our server and I just installed Nprinting 18 Designer on my local PC.

But when I edit template my report on Nprinting at my local browser, it shows error like a pic below.

ndesigner18.JPG

I've tried on our Nprinting server too and it working fine.

Btw I've installed Office 2016 in Nprinting server and Office 2013 on my local PC.

Thanks for your answer

djk

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Did you installed NPrinitng Designer using administrator rights? "Run as administrator"?

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is not necessary to install Microsoft Office in the Qlik NPrinting server computer. Office reports generation doesn't requires Microsoft Office so you can save a license.

You error about the designer is caused by a bad installation of Office on your local computer. Please be sure your installation fill all the requirements in the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirements_.... Office 365 is not supported.

In case try to reinstall Office and the Designer.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Before I upgrade Nprinting from 17.15 to 18 (Feb 18) it still work,

Bwt when I used Nprinting 17.5 our server office same as my local PC (Office 2013)

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Are you still having the issue?

If yes try to uninstall and reinstall Office and the NPrinting Designer by doing a right click on the setups and select Run as administrator.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.