Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankC
Creator
Creator

Nprinting - Cycling

Hello

Is there a log that keep tracks of what values are processed?  I have a report that works fine.  It creates 715 PDF files.  The problem is there should be 718.  I have added an on-demand option (clone of the report with cycle unchecked) and when I select one of the missing values, the report is generated just fine.  I am not sure why the file isn't being generated during the main execution.

Any thoughts on how to debug?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @FrankC

So just to be clear.

Troubleshooting suggestions:

• ensure there are no unsupported items
  • ensure no filter rules are broken
  • in the NP web console at 'Admin>Task Executions>click the task name and review the execution log messages for the task
  • open the NP engine, Web engine and scheduler log files and look for specific errors associated with the execution time of the publish task. Empty set or some other filter error may become evident.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @FrankC

So just to be clear.

Troubleshooting suggestions:

• ensure there are no unsupported items
  • ensure no filter rules are broken
  • in the NP web console at 'Admin>Task Executions>click the task name and review the execution log messages for the task
  • open the NP engine, Web engine and scheduler log files and look for specific errors associated with the execution time of the publish task. Empty set or some other filter error may become evident.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

1. Frank suggestion regarding filters is right. Very important thing to remember is how Qlik Sense works and how associative engine works. Scenario which you have may be possible when you have a filter which excludes yours 3 values from your possible selection, however your charts can have set analysis to negate those filters. This can cause situation in which 3 of your values are not available in cycle (since they are excluded by selection) but are available in the chart as set analysis can be ignoring filters applied. I know - since you have tested it with OnDemand it should work anyway though!

2. When generating reports is it possible that you could have some sort of filter you were not aware of? like user filter or section access?

3. The other thing would be to check what are the characters used in the cycled field - if there are some charachters which are not allowed in filenames it can be a cause of those not generating. In that case I would try to autonumber this field in data load script (or create autonumbered copy of that field) and try to run cycle through that

I hope it makes sense.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you create a cycle you have to include the cycled field in the output file name. You can place it as first so you can order generated fields by that field. Then you can do a dir *.xlsx > list.txt (I suppose you are generating Excel reports otherwise change the extension) to have the complete list of generated reports in a file, import the list.txt in Excel and compare it with the list of distinct values of the cycled field exported from Qlik. That should helps you in understanding which are the missing values.

You can also create a Qlik variable that contains the GetCurrentSelections() results and place it in the template or in the file name (pay attention to respect Windows file names rules in this case) to check if there are other filters applied.

I suppose that you are sure that the 3 missing values are available in the source app.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Digvijay_Singh

What do you see if you apply new filter with those 3 missing filter values to your main execution?