Did you mean: 
infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting - Exceeded Maxium Nunber Of Tries

Hello,

I'm receiving Exceeded number of tries error randomly with random report,

Error.png

Sometime same report generated successfully and sometime receiving exceeded maximum number of retries also below are the log i'm seeing in log file attached here.

and CPU/RAM is ideal in both the case.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello all,

Thanks for your Suggestions , we have applied couple of changes but they not helped. then after we found some changes like...
• Edit scheduler.config file
• Add <add key="max-requeue-attempts" value="20"/> to the file, at the end of the list but before the closing tag (</appSettings>)
• Restart NP services
It actually helps and now all is going good.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please share the complete Qlik NPrinting Engine log file. The screenshot is not enough to understand what is happening.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Please find attachment of Qlik NPrinting Engine log File.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am joining conversation as I have experienced the same with one of my reports, but I was never able to resolve it. It seemed like there was a timeout (or something similar casuing it to fail)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello @infosense_devel -

I'm seeing some generic error messages in your Engine Logs:

Navigator stuck or died on connection navigator=qlikview;, forcing close of resolver. 1 unprocessed request(s) will be reenqueued.

Can I ask if you have reviewed the following article?

This shows a configuration you can enter in your Engine.config file to manage the maximum number of QV.exe in use.
I'd be interested to know what you currently have in your configuration file.

Also, what is your Set Working Limits set to in QlikView?

Regards,
Eva
infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello @Eva_B 

I have attached Engine Config file as per thread provided by you I have verify there is no such key add to this Engine Config file also we have 16 core CPU, can you please suggest ideal value of that Key?

Also attached Set working limit screenshot.

Thanks.

Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

is there an ideal limit for # of QV.exe. I see 16 QV.exe opened on my system. there is no limit specified in engine.config. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It depends on number of cpu cores. Note that documentation states you should not use more than 12 cores with QlikView setup as it may result in decreased performance. Check https://help.qlik.com

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello all,

Thanks for your Suggestions , we have applied couple of changes but they not helped. then after we found some changes like...
• Edit scheduler.config file
• Add <add key="max-requeue-attempts" value="20"/> to the file, at the end of the list but before the closing tag (</appSettings>)
• Restart NP services
It actually helps and now all is going good.

Thanks.