Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shraddha_23
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Nprinting Feb 2018

Hi All,

We are facing below issues:-

First the connection is generated with Qlikview successfully, but when the report is to be generated two of the services i.e. Scheduler service and Repo Service stops automatically. We have given one condition which is, once Qlikview application get refresh after that n printing report is supposed to be send to User but as the services are stopped its not getting delivered.The size of the Qlikview application is 127 MB.

Please suggest some solution to our problem.

Thank you.

12 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

First of all - please provide detailed information regarding your setup:

1. QlikView server setup and QlikView version with SR) - make sure that QlikView server and desktop are running the same version on Qlik server and NPrinting server
  2. NPrinitng server setup and i belive you are using the latest

I believe you have followed requirements when seting up your environment:

I hope you have installed all services (Server and Engine) when logged in as NPrinitng service account with Admin privilages.

I hope you have QlikView and NPrinitng on separate servers - else you are running not supported environment and we will not be able to help you

I hope you use NPrinting QVP (server) connection to QlikView server.

Your issue seems to have roots in your server setup that is why i asked all above mentioned questions. I had similar behaviour twice, once when running QlikView and NPrinitng on single machine and second time when I installed NPrinintg using different than nprinitng user.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
shraddha_23
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Lech .

I was thinking to install the previous version of Nprinting . Can you suggest a safe way to do that? I also want to take the backup of all my setting and files.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Installing older versions is not a good idea as the latest seems to be stable and resolves lot known bugs.

The backup instruction is in help document (help.qlik.com). Keep in mind that backup will not be functional backwards - so you cannot degrade NPrinting version and use backup taken on newer version

What about other things i mentioned / asked about in my previous post?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Backup-restore.htm

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I agree and I would to add the suggestion to check the Qlik NPrinting logs.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yep - indeed - ALWAYS check the logs!

shraddha_23
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Detailed information regarding  setup:-

QlikviewServer:-12.10 SR4

Nprinting Version:-Feb 2018 SR1Nprinting conditions.PNG

As i checked released note of Nprinting Feb 2018 in this mention bug fixed but i think still not solved this issues, with below thing :-

Nprinting Feb 2018 issues with Qlikview

Inserting publish task does not create reports for all users when conditions are used  Sometimes, publish tasks containing many reports with conditions would not generate reports for all users. The task status would stay stuck on RUNNING 99%, even if Qlik N Printing was not doing anything (CPU and RAM were not used)

for this refer attached screenshot.

Please suggest solution

Thank You

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Above Bug is fixed and it solved different than yours issues.

Your issue is is more around services not functioning properly.

I am still convinced there are some issues with your environment or accounts running services, privileges or setup in general.

Questions:

• What user account is running your NPrinitng Engine?
  • What user account is running your QlikView Server?
    • The above mentioned account MUST be different!!!
  • Are you using QVP connection?
  • Is NPrinitng Engine user account added to Local Administrators and QlikView Administrators on QLikView server?
  • Do you have dedicated/different accounts running QlikVIew server and NPrinitng Server/Engine
  • Does your NPrinitng Server meet all hardware criteria/requirements?

Also investigate windows logs - what is causing NPrinitng services to stop?

regards

Lech

shraddha_23
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Previous we have used Nprinting Nov 2017 version,that time its working fine but after up-gradation(Nprinting Nov 2017 to Nprinting Feb 2018 SR1) this issues Occurred.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well...

I am trying to help you - I do not know if you have done upgrade properly, maybe you have not followed instructions when upgrading NPrinitng and now your site is not working as it should.

I have asked some basic questions above, without knowing what's are the answers I will not be able to help you.

Also another questions since you mentioned about an upgrade:

• did you install NPrinitng services using NPrinting Service account with Administrator privileges?

regards

Lech