Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digvijay_Singh

Nprinting May 2021 - Stretch property is actually not widening the bars up to the available space

Hi,

Hi,

Is there a way I can utilize the available space in the right side so that bars can utilize all the available space?

I have used the stretch property but its not actually working properly in bar/stack charts.

I am on May 2021 release for both Sense and Nprinting.

Thanks,

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

@Frank_S 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Digvijay_Singh 

I guess you already know that, but I am just going to confirm this.

Behaviour you are showing us is normal in Qlik Sense charts (I noticed this whec creating stacked bar charts or combo charts!!!)  and cannot be controlled from NPrinting. 

In order to get rid of that area I marked on below chart you would have to figure out how many bars you are going to have on your chart and change the actual object size either directly in Qlik Sense or in NPrinting by using Image dimensions properties. I can imagine that what I am saying is 99% of the time not possible due to fact that you may have variable number of bars.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1630365860315.png

My take on this is then ususally to use native charts from Excel, PPT or Pixel Perfect. 

thats all I can add to it - sorry!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Digvijay_Singh 

I guess you already know that, but I am just going to confirm this.

Behaviour you are showing us is normal in Qlik Sense charts (I noticed this whec creating stacked bar charts or combo charts!!!)  and cannot be controlled from NPrinting. 

In order to get rid of that area I marked on below chart you would have to figure out how many bars you are going to have on your chart and change the actual object size either directly in Qlik Sense or in NPrinting by using Image dimensions properties. I can imagine that what I am saying is 99% of the time not possible due to fact that you may have variable number of bars.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1630365860315.png

My take on this is then ususally to use native charts from Excel, PPT or Pixel Perfect. 

thats all I can add to it - sorry!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Digvijay_Singh
Author

Thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz for your response. I am aligned with your take on this. Recently it was raised 2-3 times by my users so I thought its no harm in checking if something I could manage by playing with nprinting object properties which I am not aware of.

Would be great if you could share some documentation/steps on using native PPT charts with Sense App data. I tried long back with Qlik help documentation but my designer was crashing frequently, those days I was on somewhere 2018 version. May be things are pretty stable these days.

Thanks,

Thanks,