Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rafatashiro
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting Report Cycle Generation Problem

Hello, Qlikers!

I have to generate 8 different reports with a loop in a field of my connection (qvw app).

My problem is that this process takes more than 3 hours and fails. My report type is HTML and the size of my qvw is 3.5 GB.

At this moment I am using a field based cycle and my logs doesn't explain the reason of failing.

Does exist a better way of doing this?

My NP version is May 2021 SR1 (Version: 21.14.4.0).

Thanks.

Qlik NPrinting QlikView 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

There are many possible reasons for this. 
In reality this should not take that long...so let's begin.

1. Your QVW at 3.5 gb file size can grow in memory quite a lot from there. for example depending on complexity and number of charts and other objects in the QVW it can get even as high around 35 GB in memory. 

2. Do you have any triggers or other unsupported items in your QVW? ie: always one selected values, on open triggers etc.

3. Do you have a dedicated NP server/engine service account? 

Resolutions:

• System resources: See the article above about system sizing
  • Create a dedicated QVW without unneeded reporting charts and objects. This will reduce the size of your QVW as well.
  • Ensure you have a dedicate NP server/engine service account.
  • Use 'user filters' to create one workbook per recipient. ie: create 8 NP users and apply your respective filter to each user. then add each user to your publish task. This takes more time to set up but is much faster result then using NP cycles. Also if you have more than 3 cycles, you will see severely dimished performance...especially with a 3.5 GB file. See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Cycling-your-repo... 

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would start with optimisation and reduction of the qvw size. There is usually room for improvement to allow for faster report generation. 

i cannot comment more on that - i am assuming you are already using qvp server connection and you have sufficient resources to run this task

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

There are many possible reasons for this. 
In reality this should not take that long...so let's begin.

1. Your QVW at 3.5 gb file size can grow in memory quite a lot from there. for example depending on complexity and number of charts and other objects in the QVW it can get even as high around 35 GB in memory. 

2. Do you have any triggers or other unsupported items in your QVW? ie: always one selected values, on open triggers etc.

3. Do you have a dedicated NP server/engine service account? 

Resolutions:

• System resources: See the article above about system sizing
  • Create a dedicated QVW without unneeded reporting charts and objects. This will reduce the size of your QVW as well.
  • Ensure you have a dedicate NP server/engine service account.
  • Use 'user filters' to create one workbook per recipient. ie: create 8 NP users and apply your respective filter to each user. then add each user to your publish task. This takes more time to set up but is much faster result then using NP cycles. Also if you have more than 3 cycles, you will see severely dimished performance...especially with a 3.5 GB file. See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Cycling-your-repo... 

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!