cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting Sep 19 - QVP - QlikView Server Stuck - Report Running

Sorry Message got change automatically below is the correct/Updated One.

We are at Nprinting Sep 19 version.

Using QVP Connection of QlikView Server, after some report generation server got stuck.

QlikView and Nprinting Server resources(CPU/RAM) is ideal and Nprinting task says running but it is not generating anything.

once I restart the QlikView Server everything work fine for few reports then again same problem. Also i'm seeing lots of active session on QlikView Server QMC with the same user while Nprinting is generating the report as per attached screenshot.

Thanks in Advance...!

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

so...

Thats it - there are no other ways.

NPrinting deployment requires kowledge and needs to be planned by experienced NPrinting developer, so to avoid surprises i suggest you consult this with someone who is well experienced with NPrinitng or you may need to spend a lot more time by doing "double work".

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry @Lech_Miszkiewicz  some how message got changed, can you please see updated one.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It is now very confusing as you have also changed title of the question and my answer is out of context completely!

Down to your problem with Stuck report:

• you need to investigate logs - this is to identify the moment where it gets stuck. Make sure you turn on DEBUG level so enough information is gathered. How to collect logs? --> go to https://help.qlik.com and search
  • also I see 13 NPrinitng sessions - which indicates that you may have more than 12 CPU cores on NPrinitng machine, which is then not optimal or recommended configuration. What is your NPrinting server hardware
  • is your qlikview document supported? check on https://help.qlik.com  for unsupported configurations of QlikView documents (always one selected value etc....)

lets focus on the above first... 

then we could move on to the optimisation like:

• all objects minimised
  • set analysis instead of IF statements
  • object calculation condition to allow for faster calc times etc...
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.